Chapter 1: The Gathering

"Attention people of Ecmadal! As we gathered here in our Royal Capital to witness the accolade, Let us all welcome the princesses"

With that, the door opened and revealed numbers of aristocrats dressed in extravagant clothing and expensive jewelry. Any sound seems to cease from existence except for the chirping of birds in the sky. Commoners who would like to witness the Accolade stands at the back. I glanced at the throne and saw our Lord Father, King Claude Leoxes. A prominent scar in his cheek sits in his stern face, his medium length midnight black locks was keep in a push back manner. His gaze as cold as ice holds great authority. Wearing a grandiose attire befitting only for a King, he ruled and leads the Kingdom to victory.

In his left there is Lady Beatrix who looked calm and elegant. Her long blond locks cascades down to her waist, her cerulean orbs looks so distant yet warm, she has pointed nose and thin lips that looks so soft. Truly, she's the embodiment of perfection. She wore a red gown with black ruffles at the end of sleeves. The middle section is a red bodice with gold embellishment. Its lower section is a red skirt with black ruffle borders revealing a black petticoat.

In his right, Lady Francias occupied the seat. She looked stunning yet her strict demeanor is undeniably present. She wore her hazelnut locks in a tight bun which have two straight strands in front. Her piercing stare through her emerald orbs looks frightening, enough to silence the crowd. She also has a pointed nose and plump red lips. She wore a Blue gown with its sleeves ends at her elbow. Her gown had a slit on the right side of her hips showing delicate white ruffles underneath.

We come out of the carriage. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulders and jolted to my lady-in-waiting whose name is Leyla. She caught me before i fall face flat to the ground, I stand up properly and thank her. I saw my older sister Fhran who keeps on smiling way too brightly. I should have known.

"Hey! What's with that? You're too stiffed. Seems that you didn't enjoy the event" I rolled my eyes. Now that remark is quite too innocent.

"Nothing for you to worry about my Lady sister. It's just you surprised me" I said emphasizing the word surprised.

"Fhran, stop pestering her early in the morning" Danah said as she stand between me and Fhran.

"Well, sorry about that" she tiptoes my side then place her face close to mine. Way too close. "Now what's with the formality my dear sister" I was about to rebuke her but was cut-off by our older sister, Mharga.

"Show some etiquette. I am ashamed for having the two of you as my sisters. You can't even stay proper for a minute" She said as if disappointed with us.

"Princesses! This way please" said the man with a mustache, he must be the one who organize the ceremony. We lined up as he said and as always I am the last to enter. The elders keep on saying that being the youngest , I should be patient and let my older siblings to take the lead and my duty is to follow them. Learn from them

The orchestra started playing as we marched. It should be a trouble-free and short walk if only they did not decide to introduce us one by one. If only, but they did. What a waste of time.

"First Princess! Danah Leoxes, Daughter of Lady Beatrix" Danah, walk on the aisle. Conquering the crowd with a smile, she then proceeds to her seat. She looks so beautiful in her blue gown. Her necklace with blue diamond pendant can rival the ocean as it makes contact with the daylight. A present from the King. Each princess got the same necklace with the same pendant only different in hue. Her walk so full of grace gain the attention of mass. Everyone looks at her with awe and amazement. I wanted to be like her, she's kind, patient and gentle. She treats me so well and often invite me for a tea even though we have different mother.

"Second Princess! Mharga Leoxes, Daughter of Lady Beatrix" On the other hand, Mharga also treats me well but her devotion towards perfection is really . She loves etiquette so much that even her helpers need to learn how to act with class in every occasion. I usually avoid her whenever I broke something or show an extremely ridiculous behavior, according to her. Good thing Danah always save me from Mharga's lecture. Her purple gown fits her curve perfectly, she also wore her necklace with a purple diamond pendant. She walks elegantly to her seat opposite to Danah.

"Third Princess! Fhran Leoxes, Daughter of Lady Francias" She walks confidently in front of the crowd. Being the only daughter of Lady Francias, Fhran was spoiled by her mother. In result she got some nasty attitude towards others and likes to annoy the living daylights out of us. Just like what she did a while ago. She loved being the center of attention in the court especially by the King. Her white gown sways playfully as she walk, Her Silver Pendant reflecting the sky. She smiles to the King and took a sit next to Danah.

"Fourth Princess! Ayesha Leoxes, Daughter of the Late Queen, Lady Eliesha" The pain in her eyes is visible to the mass. She walks silently to her seat next to Mharga. Her amber pendant shines so bright with the sun. The mustache man just reminded her that our mother is dead. That she's not coming back, we won't be able to feel the love and warmth of a mother. Ayesha has a little bit serious personality and would like to become as great as our mother. They said that Queen Eliesha once come in the battle field and fought bravely to raise the moral of the army. Sadly, she died due to an unknown illness. I never know how it feels to be loved by her, I don't have any memory of her.

"Fifth Princess! Ayah Leoxes, Daughter of the Late Queen, Lady Eliesha" Her Orange gown suits her cheerful attitude, Her orange pendant looks like a blazing fire. Unlike Ayesha, Ayah seems to have overcome the loss of our mother, she usually smile to everyone and got a childish attitude but unknown to the crowd, she can also be ruthless. She never like when someone took something that she love. Whether it's intentionally of not, She will do everything to take it back.

"At last! Our Sixth Princess! Akirah Leoxes, Daughter of the Late Queen, Lady Eliesha" Wearing my red gown as best as I can, with dignity and elegance. That's how I wanted to be seen. My crimson-red pendant can be compare to the scenery of the past when the world was still covered in bloodshed and countless deaths. I walk on the aisle towards my seat, everyone turns towards me, eyeing me. Some of them smiled and pay respect while others just took a glance and start murmuring incoherent words I cannot understand. That's who I am, Akirah Leoxes, everyone addressed me as Princes Aki. I'm the youngest of all. I sat between Ayah and Ayesha. And the ceremony starts with the sound of the horn.