We're a Bunch of Nerds

It'd been a couple months since the Decepticon attack on Autobot City had been quelled and repairs were nearly done. Unfortunately, a lot of Autobots had died during the attack. Three examples are Optimus, Ratchet, and Wheeljack. Hot Rod had been chosen by the Matrix to become Rodimus Prime and a new enemy named Galvatron rose as Decepticon leader. Whatever happened to Megatron? It's also been a couple months since the arrival of Firaflight's sparklings and the reveal that the younger of the two fliers is blind. There was a small amount of color on each one's frames. The oldest has white, the next has both white and a light purple, the blind flier has red, and the last one has blue. Only one was given a name so far and that's Jetline, the blind one. First Aid had said it could take a while for the others to receive names, just like it had been with Air Raid and Skydive's twins. As it turns out, the two fliers are femmes and the two grounders are mechs.

"So, wait, what's going on?" Firaflight asked as she held Jetline, whom was gnawing on a toy. "Something went wrong with the new generator and we have no idea what's wrong with it," Blaster informed. Jetline squeaked a bit when Firaflight held tighter. "Sorry, Jetline," she said and looked at the sparkling. The femmeling smiled and placed a servo on her carrier.

Grimlock had done a bit of studying into combiner technology and what made them combine, even with teams that weren't their own. What he found was that they had a certain organ that bots outside of combiners didn't have, so he made five copies of them. All this while no other was with him.

It'd been deemed that anti-electrons were the cause for the malfunction and the reason Grimlock is basically smarter than Perceptor. Grimlock also stated that there was more in Unicron's helm. So, what'd they decide to do about it? Well, Grimlock, Kup, Rodimus, and Perceptor made it to Unicron's floating helm to look for anti-electrons only to get shot down by some. While Rodimus and Kup were affected by the anti-electrons as the duo were fighting the Decepticons alongside Perceptor, Grimlock wandered off without any notice from the enemy. Odd. One would think they'd notice a robotic T-Rex walking away, but apparently not. Where he was going, somewhere inside Unicron's helm to do something. Being here gave him an idea of what to use. What he ended up building and putting the first combiner component in was a drill tank. "Awaken Nosecone, I , Grimlock, have created you." The drill tank transformed into an orange, maroon, and white femme and flexed her arm a bit before looking at Grimlock. "Are you my father?" She asked. "Just think of me as your fellow Autobot," Grimlock told.

Nosecone had drilled a passage into the next room per Grimlock's request, where he ended up building four more bots that received the other four combiner components. One thing Nosecone noticed as she'd watched him work is that the red bot she was currently standing next to is a femme, just like her. When the Dinobot was done, he stepped back to look over the bots in front of him. "I, Grimlock, shall call you the Technobots." "Yahoo! It feels great to be a Technobot!" The mech almost farthest from Nosecone exclaimed, raising his gun. "My name's Strafe!" "Far out! Fantastic!" The next mech followed suit, though without raising a gun. "I'm Afterburner! I'm raring to burn neutrons and see some heavy action!" Even though it was hidden by a visor, the red femme rolled her optics and looked at the mech at her side. "Mellow out, Afterburner," she said. "Says who?" Afterburner asked and glared at her. "They call me Lightspeed, faster than a speeding photon," she responded. Grimlock went up to the mech at the end of the Technobot line, placing a clawed servo on his shoulder. "And you, Scattershot, shall be the leader of the Technobots."

Scattershot'd refused at first, but Grimlock stayed with his choice. They'd also been sent to help the Autobots, then combined into Computron to counteract Abominus, given Grimlock's super intelligence, and finally sent the Decepticons fleeing. Rodimus had even thanked and welcomed them once they were on Cybertron. A black and red femme with wings approached the five when the crowd dissipated. Alongside her was another flier, this one around Scattershot's height. "You guys new?" The femme asked. Five sets of optics look at the two, three hidden by visors. "Yeah, and who are you guys?" Lightspeed asked. "I'm Skydive, and this is my friend Silverbolt," the Aerial replied, indicating the Aerial mech. "I'm also team leader of the Aerialbots, of which she's part of," Silverbolt informed. "Grimlock appointed me team leader," Scattershot admitted. Silverbolt smiled. "Well, if you ever need any help, come find me or Hot Spot, he's leader of the Protectobots," he told. Scattershot nodded. "Will do." Smiling, Skydive looked at the two femmes. "And if you two want to talk to another femme outside the two of you, there's a few femmes around besides me," she said. Both Nosecone and Lightspeed smile. At least they weren't alone with this.

The five Technobots had toured the city they're in and when it was over, they were shown where they'd be staying. Lightspeed looked around in awe. This place is amazing! The Techno femme looked over when there was a knock. Oh, it's Strafe. "Hey, Strafe. What's up?" She asked. "I don't wanna recharge alone tonight, is it ok if I recharge with you?" Honestly, he seemed so innocent and frail at the moment, it was cute. "Sure." A bright smile crossed Strafe's faceplate and he hugged the femme. Optics widen under a visor and arms found their way around the smaller mech.

That following morning, Lightspeed onlined to not one but two framed nestled up to her. When she sat up, the frames went with her. Well, there's Strafe and apparently Nosecone as well. When did she join them? Not like Lightspeed was complaining. She did manage to slip out from underneath the two and let them continue recharging on her berth. In all honesty, she just wanted to explore some more. Peering into Afterburner's room, she found him recharging against a wall with a video game controller in his servos. The screen seems to have turned off by itself. This brought a faint smile to the femme's faceplate. Good to know he found something he likes already. Moving on, Lightspeed went to check on Scattershot to find he's not in his room. Odd. Where was he? Wasn't in the common area either. Why did he just randomly disappear? Eh, well. Time to explore. First, energon. One of the first bots she was when she went to get her energon was none other than Scattershot. So this is where he disappeared to. "Hey, Scattershot," she said after getting her morning ration and sitting at the same table as him. His blue visor looked at her. "Hey Lightspeed," he greeted. For the most part, the two drank their energon in silence. It wasn't until halfway through the femme's cube that Scattershot noticed something was wrong with her. First off, he noticed a faint rusted spot on otherwise clear shoulderplating. Then there was the fact that she was trembling. When she lowered her cube, her engine revved. Not even a second into it, there was a faint crack that would barely be noticeable to anyone but the Technomech. "I think we should see the medic," he said and helped her out of her seat, taking her to the medbay. They were lucky enough to find the medic was already there. He appeared to be a smaller red and white grounder mech, evident by the wheels on his lower stabilizing servos. And it also said 'emergency' in bold red letters on white plating. "My friend needs help," Scattershot said. The medic looked at the duo as she was being helped onto a berth to see her trembling and a pretty nasty rust rash. "Oh, my!" He exclaimed and rushed over. "What brought this on?" He asked and looked over the Techno femme. "I don't know," Scattershot said. "She was refueling just fine and then this happened. And also, I think there's something wrong with her engine." A broken sounding rev escaped her engine as if on cue and another crack was heard, this time louder. "I see what you mean," First Aid said. As he was giving her an injection to help with the rash and the trembling, the medic glanced over at the other mech. "So, wait, you said she was refueling when all this started?" "Yeah," Scattershot replied. "Weird. Sounds like something the humans call an allergy," First Aid said. Lightspeed laid on the berth when First Aid gently requested. Scattershot stayed nearby as First Aid worked to fix Lightspeed's engine. Weird, feels like there's a set of optics on him. Looking around, he didn't see any other bot. Must be coming from elsewhe... who's sparklings are these? The little flier didn't seem to notice he was there like the little grounder did. They must be siblings since the grounder was helping the flier come over to him. That's when he realized the flier must be blind. That's going to suck when they're older. When the duo made it to the Technobot, they paused and looked up at him. Seems the blind flier noticed he's here. Confusion lapped at his field and it dawned on him: they don't know who he is. Maroon and white arms gently picked up the duo and held them close to his frame. Both Lightspeed and First Aid noticed this. "Seems you found two of Firaflight's sparklings," he said. "The flier is Jetline. The other one doesn't have a name yet, but he's one of her brothers. Don't know if you noticed, but Jetline is blind. No idea why or how, but it is what it is. Her brother seems to want to help out all the time." Lightspeed smiled slightly. "Quite the little ace, aren't you?" She asked the mechling.

"How do you feel about the name Ace?" First Aid asked Firaflight as Jetline and her brother were handed to her. She smiled at that. "Yeah, I like it. Where did it come from?" "They wandered into the medbay as I was helping Lightspeed with something and I explained he's been helping her. Lightspeed mentioned it. I guess it just stuck out," First Aid replied. "Thanks, Aid," Firaflight said. Ace cooed and leaned forward, placing his servos on his sister. Jetline smiled and trilled back at Ace.

Three sets of optics stared at the red femme. "So, wait, you're allergic to energon?" Strafe asked. Lightspeed nodded. "That's what First Aid said." Afterburner got up and walked off. It was unusual to see him so calm, especially with how angry he got at his game last night. It didn't take long to figure of what he was up to because there was the sound of something smashing and the four of them rushing out to see what it was. Apparently Afterburner punched the tv and then knocked it off its stand, further breaking it. "What the frag was that for?" Scattershot asked. "Hasn't even been a day and already shit goes down," Afterburner said. "Might not wanna say that in front of the sparklings," Lightspeed said. "There are sparklings?!" Strafe exclaimed. A chuckle from Lightspeed and she nodded. "What's a sparkling?" He then asked. "A tiny transformer," Scattershot said. Oh, ok. Still new, so he's learning. Maybe he'd get to meet one of them one day!