Chapter 1: The Dream

"W-what the?" he wasn't sure exactly what to think, first of all, this was dream, second, he probably shouldn't be alive, third, Aya's mother, the mistress of the house, Monika Drevis, was standing right in front of him, staring at him, with a serious, but kind look in her eyes.

"Hello Dio." She says to him, her voice sounding like it's all in his head. "I know you must be confused as to why you have not returned to eternal slumber like the rest of the corpses" Dio opens his mouth to respond, but she just talks over him "Dio, I need you to watch over my daughter. I need you to make sure she doesn't follow the path her father once did." Monika looks upset, as if she truly believes that Aya would follow that path, but as quick as the sadness came, it was replaced by an almost teasing look. "She did seem to fancy you more than the others." She smiles and Dio blushes.

Dio finally gets a chance to respond "Thank you Miss, I promise I'll take care of her." he says and nods. "I will make sure she stays just the way she is"

Monika looks relieved "Thank you. She will be heading for a cabin out in the forest. Head west, it will be the quickest way to her. Good luck dio."

That's when Dio wakes up

He woke up slightly confused, wondering if it was really a dream, or if Monika had actually been talking to him, regardless, he should listen to her anyway. It would certainly be what she (and Dio himself) wanted. He gets up, and looks around, seeing the forest he has to go through to get to the place Aya was going, it seems like he's gonna have a very long walk ahead of him, and that he should leave as soon as possible.