Reunited

Rydian POV

It's been a few weeks sine I've left to find Maddie but 5 months, three week and 6 days in counting since she left my life completely, not that I've been counting. 

To say that she hasn't left my mind since would be an overstatement and also kind of creepy, but then again it could just be me not wanting to admit that. 

These past few days have been lonely to say the least but I couldn't bring a phone or anything because for all I know she could be living in a wild pack with people who don't even know what a phone is.

The horrible truth is that I have no idea what her life is like now, I've been following her trail for a while but honestly I have no idea what's at the end. She could have found someone else by now or anything. All I know is that I'll see her in less than a mile.

About half an hour later I hear faint sounds of voices somewhere in the woods, I know they're quite long away but I can hear then with my superior hearing. A fire burns up inside of me, I need to see her.

With the remaining fire inside sprint of with whatever energy I still have inside of me I got from who knows where. 

Running is a strange experience, it feels so freeing, kind off like flying. Despite the fact I'm running towards one of the best things that have ever happened to me, I forget about the weeks I've been alone, the mission I'm on and the people I've left behind.

As I near what I assume is some sort of  pack, I can sense they know that someone unfamiliar near by. I know for a fact Maddie's family is there, I need to let them know I'm here without scaring him.

I decide to howl yeah I know it sounds typical, the wolfblood howling to reach it's lover, but it actually works. I let out a howl from the bottom of my stomach and it rings through the entire forest. The 'pack' definitely heard.

"RHYDIAN!" I hear an angelic voice ring out across the forest, Maddie. An involuntary smile grows on my face on hearing her name, "MADDIE" I yell back again. I see a  brown haired figure dashing through the forest.

"Maddie," I breathe out, it feels so good saying her name and meaning it. She suddenly darts out of the trees,

 "Rydian!" She calls out and runs towards me, I open my arms and she launches into them. We stay wrapped in each others arms and I breathe in her scent, pine trees and flowers. I unwrap her from my arms and take a look at what she looks like now.

In the best way possible she looks more wild, her hair is a tad more messy  and her clothes look more, again wild. But her eyes are still the same beautiful brown I fell in love with, my mind thinks back to the kiss we shared her last day.

Before I have the chance to say or do anything I hear two voices come up behind me , two voices of people I've a lot as well, Emma and Dan Smith. "Oh Rhydian, we'd never expect to see you here." Dan says.

"Honestly me neither..." I say to them it's true but I've never been happier, I'm in my families arms and I never want to leave.

*               *                *

Hello!

This was the first chapter of 'A Wild Future' I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading and yeah.....BYE!

Em xx 

Don't cry craft!