Chapter 14: A Thing

Song- Issues by Julia Michaels

Kaori was at practice in the rink while Yuri was skating. She found herself watching him more then usual and she wasn't mad about it. She was excited. The night before she kept thinking of how it all happened. She didn't realize until that night that he was actually nicer the more she got to know him. She realized that his angry behavior was all just a cover up. At least most of it anyway. He was like her in many ways. In order to see his nicer side he had to warm up to you just like Kaori.

She practiced her dance until it was time for her to get ready for her interview. She put on a fancy dress she brought with her and put her hair up in a braided bun and flat shoes. (Pic but with blackish brown roots.)

She put bandaids around her Achilles heel and thankfully the shoes covered most of her bruises and all her blisters

She put bandaids around her Achilles heel and thankfully the shoes covered most of her bruises and all her blisters. She went with Lilia to the place and Lilia explained again how she needs to make sure she answered directly so rumors wouldn't go around.

They arrived and she went in. As she walked she had a bodyguard protecting both her and Lilia through all the people. A lot of them had red cat ears on and were screaming Kaori's name. She smiled at them laughing a bit and was thanking them for showing up. Of course she couldn't understand most of them but she was still happy. She got inside and they walked to a stage with a table. Kaori and Lilia sat next to each other as the people asked questions.

"So what is your inspiration for this ballet competition?" An interviewer asked looking to her.

"My inspiration is skating." She said as everyone looked at her confused.

"Why skating if you're a ballerina?" The interviewer questioned.

"For the past couple months I have been working in the studio, but also on the sidelines of the ice rink. Having to be in a room with other types of dancers made me realize that all people push to achieve what they want. A few people I know, including my brother, have worked so hard to become the best they can. My goal in this competition is to be like him and to become a captivating dancer. A dancer that can move a crowd and prove her worth through the inspiration of others. Through the way they move."

It was easy for Kaori to get through, even the part about inspiration. Of course it changed a bit since her initial inspiration. She found inspiration in all the skaters she interacted with the past few months and people were taken away by her answer. It was matured for her age which was something they weren't expecting. She had thanked her parents and Lilia multiple times and kept a smile.

"Sources say that your birthday is in three days. Is this correct?" A reporter asked.

"Oh." She said as she thought about it. She chuckled a bit. "I've been so focused on dancing that I forgot." She smiled. "Um yeah it is."