three

a few days after steve apologized to bucky and tony, it seems like the avengers are back to normal.

or at least that's what steve thinks.

little does he know, bucky is sneaking around, visiting tony in the lab every chance he could get.

kinda like romeo and juliet, if you think about it.

bucky laughs in his head, remembering the stupid book he had to read in high school.

"tony?" bucky peers his head into the doorway of the lab.

"ah, buck, just the person i wanted to see!" tony greets bucky, waving him over.

bucky slowly walks over to tony, double checking to see if steve is coming.

"why did you want to see me?" bucky asks nervously.

bucky doesn't know why he's nervous, he just knows that the more he's out of cryofreeze, the more confused with the modern world he gets. he doesn't understand it at all, and the cryofreeze is kind of like a security blanket. but bucky doesn't need his security blanket anymore, he has tony. the modern, technologically-advanced, flirty, tony.

"how old is this arm?" tony asks, picking up bucky's metal arm and examining it.

"i don't know." bucky shrugs, looking at the physically older man than him.

"hm." tony mumbles, tapping his arm then dropping it.

"why does it matter?" bucky asks, staring at his feet.

"just needed an excuse to get you in here, in case cap finds out." tony winks, turning his back.

"oh." bucky says quietly, waiting for tony to pipe up again.

"so, i know your story, but i don't know you. tell me about you. tell me about bucky, james, whoever you are. who are you, what's your likes, dislikes, stuff like that." tony turns around again with a wrench in his hand, leaning back against the table.

"um, well, i'm bucky. i still like to think about myself the same way i was in 1942, i like peanut butter everything, and i don't like people who flirt constantly and don't put anything into action." bucky rushes the end.

"oh, is that so then?" tony asks, raising an eyebrow.

"mhm." bucky nods.

"well then." tony says, dropping the wrench and causing a huge 'clang' to echo throughout the house.

"buck." a new voice says from behind bucky, and he swivels around and sees the one person who he wish he didn't.

steve.