1

You opened the window first thing in the morning. The subtle feeling of the breeze brought you a tad bit of pleasure, which was something you really needed. Living alone and juggling school as well as a job all at the same time becomes tedious. You walked into your kitchen of your apartment and  began scavenging around your fridge for some eggs. You cooked them your favorite way-- Sunny side up. You set them on a plate and sat quietly, listening to the breeze flowing through the crack of the window.

You were particularly nervous about the day ahead of you. You get to meet your new Sensei, and be grouped with the members of your clan.

You closed the door on your way out, the sun shining on you through your coat. You eventually reached the building.  Everyone stared at you as you walked in, so you tried your best to only look straight ahead of yourself and focus on where you were supposed to sit-- which was beside a giddy one alright. Naruto Uzumaki. You sat down next to him, and down the row were your group members. You didn't know the others, and you had only just met one of them. You sat quietly and waited for your group members, as well as yourself, to be called. A mysterious looking man with silver flowing hair walked into the room. He was wearing a mask across his face, which was really adding onto his already existing mysterious ness. A voice called out.

"Kakashi Hatake, call your group members, please" You heard someone say.

"Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha, and "Y/N"

You stood up, following behind Naruto and the rest of the members in your group. It was becoming apparent that the mystery man was your soon to be sensei. You huddled beside the other group members and beside Kakashi. He looked down at you.

You couldn't tell what he was thinking.

Suddenly, the lunch bell was ringing. He took his gaze off of you, redirecting it to the floor. Feeling a bit flustered,you decided you might as well just brush it off so that you could enjoy your lunch without stressing too much.

You couldn't have been more wrong about that.

You decided to sit alone, which was unlike you, but your friends were all too busy chatting amongst the other students about their tryouts. Playing footsies with your own two feet, you nudged your fork against your food in a desperate attempt to find any ounce of entertainment in the situation. You sighed and let the fork fall from your grip, sloshing into the generic lunch sitting on your lousy tray. Examining the room, you notice your friends smiling and laughing, which causes you to give a soft grin. You keep scanning, until your gaze is met with Kakashi's again. Your grin is interrupted and you feel obligated to tuck your face away in embarrassment.

"Shit.. Not a good look.." you mumble to yourself, looking underneath the table.

Suddenly, you hear footsteps approaching. Getting closer, and closer...

"Y/N, right?" you hear across from you. The shoes that must've been producing those footsteps were in front of you, across the table now. You didn't answer, only because you were unsure of what to say. What should you feel more embarrassed over? The fact that there's a sloshy, played-with meal on your tray, you're completely stranded and sitting alone, or the fact that you pierced through him with that corny smile just before he ended up in front of you? Then again, suddenly, since he was so good at being... sudden, he sat down on the bench across from you.

"Ah, um.. Did I get your name wrong? I'm sorry." He placed his hand on the table, letting it rest. It was... exceptionally veiny. You know what that means. You shift your gaze to a more acceptable area. His face. Except, you weren't quite sure exactly where to focus. Over half of his face was concealed with a dark mask, and his headband was sagging on top of it.

"No, that's my name." You finally managed to reply. Not so hastily, though.

He flicked his finger towards you. "That's a new name." He said under his breath. He leaned in a bit and he somehow managed to meet my gaze. Bullseye.

"A new face, too.."

I swallowed harshly. "I'm sorry, I guess I didn't introduce myself to you before. Properly, I mean.." I looked down at his hand. He flicked his finger against the top of the table. "And you're sitting alone? Why's that?" He asked, seeming half-concerned and of course, half-obligated, just like every other teacher in the entire world. You shake your head. "Oh, no. They're over there," You point your finger past his head. "They're just busy being rowdy and all that. Not really in the mood to get involved with all of that today, honestly."

He turns his head back for a moment, before returning his gaze to you.

Then your phone begins to ring in your pocket.

Huh? A call? While I'm in school?

Kakashi looks down at your waist as your phone blares in your pocket. You pull it out and look at it.

"I'm really sorry, I'm going to have to pick this up real fast." You mumble as you accept the call and bring the phone to your ear. Kakashi's mere presence is starting to become a little suffocating as you endlessly nod your way through this phone call.

"Oh, yes, alright, that's fine with me!" You finally hang up the phone. Kakashi, raising his one eyebrow, is looking at you as if he expects to hear about the entrails of your phone call. You sigh, trying to ignore his expression. You flop your arm down on the table, returning to playing with the food on your tray.

"You know, I've never seen someone as old as you playing with their food." His voice pierces through the silence you both were sharing a few moments ago. You move your arm abruptly and rest your fork back on the tray. You're unsure of what to say, so you don't say anything at all.

"So, why was that phone call so important?" He begins to interrogate me.

"It wasn't anything special." You reply, fully aware of how dejected I seem. You just can't help it, though.

He insists. "Well, it was important enough to pick up while in school."

You look up at him, letting out a slight sigh. "It was my boss calling. She was asking me to work a little later tonight since we're a little short-staffed. With exams coming up, there will be a lot of students showing up to the library. I'll need to be there to help."

He returns his hand to his lap. "You have a job? Well, you are a young adult, but still.. I waited a long time to get a job for the first time."

You nod. "Well, I kind of have to be working. I live on my own, and without the income, I'd only have my father's monthly check of $300 to rely on. I'm just trying to make odds and ends work, here."

He nods back. "Living alone, too? Wow."

You could see it in his face that he wanted to interrogate you some more, but something must have told him to not nag about why you're in the situation you're in, and you were grateful for that. The bell was about to ring, so you started gathering my things together. Standing up, you reached for your tray and picked it up.

"It was nice to learn some more about you, Y/N." He said to you before you ventured off. "Oh, well.." you turned to face him.

"You too, sensei." You replied with a grin.

stay tuned for republication of the upcoming chapters!