CHAPTER TWELVE: Fiddleford McGucket

I had been able to get the journal from Dipper a few nights ago so Stan photocopied it so we could give it back to him and we'd still have a copy, we had been looking back and forth between the journals and pages to put this portal together. We can do this, I know we can, with all three journals we have all the blueprints for the portal.

Stan sighed and wiped his hand on his forehead, getting some radiation on it. "I think we're done for tonight, you need sleep, I don't care if you're older than me, Kid, everyone needs sleep." Stan still called me kid, even if I told him not to. I just nodded to his comment though, I was actually pretty tired.

I walked upstairs, hearing the twins still in their room awake when I passed their door. I was curious so I knocked and then walked in. Seeing Dipper and Mabel on Dipper's bed, looking at something, a laptop of some sort. It looked like one Fiddleford had left in the bunker, it couldn't be though.

"Mabel, look at this! McGucket Labs!" Dipper slightly yelled, pointing at the laptop.

Mabel started to bounce. "Does it mean what I think it means?" Dipper slightly nodded from what I saw. "Old Man McGucket made the laptop!"

I walked further into their room, seeing it was the laptop he had left there when the Shapeshifter attacked. Had the twins gone there? Did they release the Shapeshifter? How did they escape? "What are you two up to?" I asked, snapping them out of their thoughts they were probably having.

Dipper grabbed the laptop and hid it under his pillow. "Nothing!" He quickly said, crossing his arms, he shoved Mabel off of his bed (making her say an audible ow) and pulling his covers up to his chin. "Goodnight!"

Mabel rolled her eyes, grabbing the laptop from under his head and walked over to me. Handing the laptop to me. "We found a laptop in a bunker Dipper found his silly journal after we found out using black light lit some secrets up. Do you think you could come visit Old Man McGucket with us? We don't really want to go alone, we were thinking about getting Soos and Wendy too." I heard Dipper whisper no, so I smiled.

I ruffled Mabel's head. I wouldn't mind seeing my old friend again. "Sure thing." Mabel had a face full of smiles while Dipper looked slightly annoyed at his twin, does he not trust me or something?

Mabel pulled Dipper off of his bed, grabbed their backpacks and dragged me outside and we headed towards Fiddleford's house, which, as I know, is cardboard. I should really do something to help him out, living in a cardboard box can't be good.

We made it to Fiddleford's house, after getting Soos and Wendy, and I knocked on the makeshift door, he opened it rather quick. When he opened it he looked at me, squinted his eyes and then brought us inside by pulling us in. He paced back and forth for a bit before turning to face us.

"What are you kids doing here?" He asked, as if he had completely forgot I was here. "I was in the middle of a turf war with this guy 'ere!" He pointed towards a mirror in front of him as he sat on a bucket and muttered something.

Dipper fished out the third journal and showed it to him. "You can drop the act, McGucket. I know you're the author. You studied the mysteries of this town and wrote this book." Dipper explained, I had to try to hold in my laughter, honestly, just because the laptop belonged to him doesn't mean he wrote the journal. He could've just been working with the guy who wrote the journal, which he was but Dipper didn't know that.

Wendy said something I didn't quite catch and Fidds shook his head. "Uh, genius? I'm no genius. I've never done nothin' worthwhile in my life. Everyone knows I'm good to nobody. I can't remember what I used to be, but I must've been a big failure to end up like this." That's wrong, all wrong. Fiddleford wasn't a failure, he was a wonderful man! I wanted to say something, but I couldn't, everyone would question how I knew what Fiddleford was like back when he did have his memory, his was probably a little over sixty now and he probably lost his memory after he quit working with Ford.