#2 "Snowy's Kick"

# Justin Timberlake - Not A Bad Thing

Nick was teleported back to floor B50. The elves all stared at him expectantly.

 "Umm...The presents are all back to where it belongs." Nick said it like it was more of a question.

"Yayyy!!!!" The elves all screamed with delight, hugging each other.

"Right. Now go and do the final touches! You guys want to make the kids ecstatic, don't you?" Nick smiled at them. Sure they have their moments, but are just like kids. Adorable.

"Yes!! We are on our way! Thanks, Nick!" The elves gave Nick a group hug and ran down the halls to their workplace.

"No, Thank you." Nick murmured as he hid his smile behind his hands.

He went to check on the presents and it was all there, waiting for Sam to pick them up to their future owners.

"Ahh!!!!!!" A sudden scream rang the hallway.

Nick looked up in a shock and ran outside the room trying to find the source of the scream. The elves came out as well, whispering to themselves asking what was going on. 

"That Blasted little Knuckle Head!!!" A familiar voice rang the halls once again.

Nick sighed and ran toward the stables. It seemed like he had a lot to sigh about these days.

"What? What happened???" Nick said as he entered the stables. "Oh, no.." Nick let out a gasp at the sight in front of him. Sam's ankle was twisted at an angle it wasn't supposed to be.

"That Snowy over there kicked me and I fell down weirdly. Just look at my ankle..." Sam moaned in pain as he looked away. His ankle looked gruesome even to him.

"You need help. I'll call Sofia." Nick took out his phone and called Sofia, a doctor who he was very familiar with. 

"Hey, Nick!" Sofia answered merrily.

"Sofia! I'm glad you answered. Sam broke his ankle and it doesn't look good. Can you teleport here as soon as possible?" Nick said as he chewed his lips nervously. The ankle looked worse than it was just a moment ago.

"Oh My God! I'm on my way!" Sofia hung up before Nick can say 'Thank you'. After a few minutes, Sofia entered the stables. 

"Oh, my...Sam! I have to take him to my hospital to fix him. Let's go!!" Nick and Sam were hurriedly teleported by Sofia, who took Sam into surgery right away while Nick sat all worried. It took some time for Sofia to come out of the Surgery room. 

"Is he alright??" Nick said.

"The surgery went well. But it will take a few weeks for him to heal properly. By then, I recommend that he stay here at the hospital." Sofia smiled warmly.

"B...But! He has to deliver presents!" Nick shouted in a panic. Who would deliver the presents if Sam was in the hospital?

"Well...You could do it, Nick!" Sofia said.

"What? No! I can't!!" Nick said as he shook his head vigorously. 

"Why not? You used to deliver presents before you made Sam do it." Sofia said encouragingly. That was true. But there was a good reason why he made Sam deliver the presents instead of him. 

"I..I...I just can't." Nick looked down at his shoe as he recalled the painful memory that he had squished down as deep as possible.

"Well, Nick. Honey. I have known you for quite a while, and I obviously don't know why you made Sam take over your job, But I know that you can do this. Children all over the world are expecting you. You can't let them down." Sofia patted his back and soon embraced him in a warm hug.

"Can I meet Sam?" Nick asked as he pulled out of the embrace.

"Sure. I had the nurse take him to room 301. It's right there." Sofia said as she pointed to a patient's room down the hall.

"Thanks again for your help, Sofia." Nick said as he smiled at her.

"Oh, It was nothing. Call me if you need anything okay?" Sofia smiled back.

"Will do!" Nick said as he walked to room 301. When he entered, he found Sam lying on the bed with a cast. 

"Sam. Sofia says that you'll have to stay here for a few weeks." Nick said as he sat down on the chair next to the bed.

"Damn it. Snowy is going to get it after a few weeks. You tell him that." Sam grunted.

"I can't believe Snowy kicked you. He was such an angel to me with his big eyes and all." Nick said, shaking his head.

"Well we all have favorites, don't we? That guy might be an angel to you, but he has been nothing but trouble to me since I took over your job. Doesn't want anyone else to ride in the sleigh." Sam said. Nick felt warm and guilty at the same time. Sure he and Snowy had shared a pretty tight bond over the years, but he didn't think Snowy would act that way. 

"I'm sorry Sam. I had no idea." Nick apologized.

"Well It isn't really your fault now, is it? And anyway, it seems like you'll have to deliver the presents tomorrow." Sam smiled widely. He always wished Nick would go out more often. It was like he was dead after sending the love of his life go.

"I..I know I have to, but I really don't want to." Nick whispered as he closed his eyes.

"Nick my boy, You will do fine. What happened with Selena was special. You might meet another like Selena, but even more special on this trip. You might be dreading it, but it might turn out different this time. You never know." Sam grabbed Nick hands warmly. 

Nick winced at the name he tried to forget for so long. Selena. If the same thing happened on this trip, He...He didn't think he would be able to live with it.

*

Bam! Snowy kind of reminds me of Sven in the movie 'Frozen' LOL Loyal and kind of a dog like reindeer. 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, don't forget to vote and comment! Love ya!