Chapter 1: They Called Me Back

"Hey, babe." My boyfriend says leaving me a warm welcoming peck on my cheek.
"Hi, Wade," I said softly touching my cheek as I take in the heat within my cheek from his touch.

 With a smirk, he sits down across from me. "How was school?" He asks as he started to
"Interesting, I have an internship." He smiles, "that's great...see, I knew you'd get it."
I chuckled. "Yeah, but enough about me...how's the practice going?" I ask taking a sip of my coffee.

"Uh...eventful, I had to remove a swallowed toy truck out of someone's stomach." Almost spitting out my coffee he laughs, "sorry I forget you hate when I talk about that."
I nodded, "but you just love my reaction." I said.
"That's not all I love," He said leaning back into his seat.
"Nah...not always but next time I'll keep it implicit." He winks before reaching for my hand.
"Did you go to therapy today?" Looking away he sighs, "she said I'm doing great so I skipped a week." Squeezing my hand he drops it. "I just don't want you hurting yourself." I smiled. "You worry too much, now tell me how's your mother?" I asked, wanting to know more about him.

"I like how you're changing the subject but, she's fine...she can't wait to meet you." I shrug, "really?"

"Yea, I talk about you all the time...but the question is when am I going to meet yours?"

I blankly glare at him as I take a deep breath, "Uh...I told you we're not on good terms...excuse me...I need to go to the bathroom." Making my exit I lay a kiss upon his tender lips before heading into the bathroom. Slamming the door behind me I begin to pace back and forth.

"Dramatic aren't we?" Stefan asks leaning up against a wall. He's checking out how I react. Always calculating even when he isnt real.
"He asked about my family, what do I say?" I asked almost a nervous wreck. As I feel myself breathing my breaths increases at a higher rate.

"The truth." Rolling my eyes I turn towards the mirror. I take deep breathes to calm myself down long enough to save my face.
"I can't...not ever, he'll think I'm crazy."
He chuckled, "you are, why do you think I'm still here?" He asks.
"To annoy me?" I sarcastically asked.

"No, the only way to get rid of me is to get rid of any guilt you have."- Pausing he watched as I searched for my pills.
"Oh great, running from your problems never hurt anything." He mocks. 

"I just want you gone," I said.
"You can never get rid of me." He challenges.
"Watch me," I said before popping two pills in and he finally disappeared. Exiting the bathroom I walk back over towards Wade. "Are you alright?" He asks as he reaches for my hand.
Nodding quickly I lend out my hand. "Alright...let's go." He smirks before taking my hand walking beside me. Spinning me around I fall into his embrace.
"You make me happy," I said.
"I do?" Wade cocks his eyebrow up high.
Nodding he grins. "I love you." He says.

"So this is where this chapter ends," I said. "It doesn't have to, you can always stay with me."

I gasp, "I am a lady." He laughs before leaning towards my ear, "you sure?" With a giggle, I peck his lips. "Positive." Walking away from him he blows me a kiss. "Love you."

Entering my room I stop to glare at Ethan who sits on my couch flicking through one of the many magazines I never read but keep to make it seem like I'm normal or even care about the outside world. "It's been a while," I said. "Yea, how are you?" He asks setting the magazine down. "I'm great...you?" I asked hesitantly not sure how's this interaction is going to end.

"I'm great...I just came to say hi." I roll my eyes. "You want something from me." He chuckled. "No."- 

"How did you find me?" I asked interrupting him. "You aren't easy to find but then again I remembered, you love to pretend to be someone else." Rolling my eyes I heavily sigh. "You're one to talk. You dipped and no one even knew where you went let alone you were gone." He shrugs, "I had to take care of some things. It's sad what happened to your family. You're the last one left." I sit down, "its all my fault. If I had just left her alone." I sighed.

"Or killed her." He mumbled as if I didn't hear him. "I heard that and I am not a killer!" I yelled. "But did it feel good both times?" He questions. "What do you mean?" I asked. "You know when you killed them?" Lifting my head up high I gulp. "It felt satisfying didn't it?" He says almost tempting me to admit the desire to see them all gone.

"I'm not that person...I was pushed to the edge. Now tell me what is it that you want?" I snapped. "Your sister had a file...full of everyone's secrets on it. I want it." He says. "What makes you think I have it?" I asked curiously not even thinking about he would need it.

"You're sisters."

"Doesn't mean she trusted me with it." I turn towards the door and a knock occurred. "Babe, I forgot my notebook in here." Ethan motions towards the door but I stop him. "I'm happy just go look, it's in my room." He nods before walking away. Opening the door I smile. "Do you remember where?" I asked. "I've found the drive." Rolling my eyes I turn to Ethan who holds up a flash drive. "Who's this?" Wade asks. "An old friend of the family." He nods. "Right, I'm Wade." Wade said holding out his hand. "Yea, Ethan." Ethan exits. "Sorry, usually he's not rude." He smirks. "A good thing I don't care." Pecking his lips I nod. "It would be tragic if you did."

Ethan saunters towards a navy blue 2017 Jeep and knocks on the window. He watches as the window comes down. "Here's what she had," Ethan says. "What did you tell her?" The voice asks. "Ava had an old file full of secrets." He chuckled. "Good. Is she...happy?" The voice asks. "Yea, she seemed happy."

"She's pretending that she's happy but I know he's back," Ethan says. "Who?" He asks. "You'll find out. Good day sir." Ethan salutes the man before walking away.