Chapter 2: Petty

I wake up in the arms of my man, and potential husband. It's safe to say that I'm happy to even say or even think about what I just said. "Hi," I say. "Hey. He smiles at me as I roll out of bed. "Where are you going?"

"Did you forget I start work today? I am a working woman you know." He chuckles, "you are so much more than that. By the way, what are you going to be doing?" He curiously asks as if my job title wasn't self-explanatory enough. "Working in an office pretty much. I'm gonna be so bored." He grabs my hand. "Wade...stop. Let me go. You're gonna make me late." Kissing my hand I pull away to get dressed.

When I arrived I swiped my security card and entered the building. "Hi, I'm here...I'm looking for Mr. Young?" I politely but nervously ask the lady at the desk. "You must be his new assistant." I nod. "Go straight down the hall turn left, go upstairs, and then you're there." I nod, "thank you." I follow her directions into this office filled with files and misery, or most likely loneliness. "Hi, I'm the new intern." Too much energy but whatever, I outstretched my hand to shake his hand. "Good...nice to meet you."-

The man pauses while fixing his posture. "I'm Aaron or you can call me Mr. Young." I smiled as I shook his hand. "Yes, I'm just happy you allowed me this opportunity to get some field experience." He chuckled. "No, it's my pleasure, your resume was really inspiring. Your family should be proud." Little do you know, they're dead. But yea they should be. "Yes, I'm sure they are," I said. "Wasn't your father a salesman and your mother a journalist?" I nod. "She...they were but they weren't my actual parents."-

"Right...well all I need for you to do today is answer the phone and mail things off for me." I nodded as he handed me the paperwork. Taking the paperwork, I nodded and walked out of the room.

Clicking his tape recorder he begins to speak, "quiet...calm yet has secrets." He says documenting his first impression of me on his tape recorder.

Lunchtime came upon us and I had eaten in peace. "I don't trust him," Stefan says. "Go away," I said. "You can't hide from me here...you're in public." I sigh. "I'm not guilty anymore so leave " he chuckled, "you aren't guilty I know that. Why won't you trust me? I'm trying to save you from yourself."-

"I don't deserve to be saved. I'm fine. I'm free to leave it alone." As Aaron walks over I lower my voice. Stefan fades in the background to watch. "Why are you eating alone?" He asked. "I'm...okay I just needed some fresh air." He watches as I check my phone. "Sorry I need to take this."

Nicole- hi

Wade- how is your first day going?

Nicole- somehow great my anxiety kicked in but I'm good

Wade- great...you keep kicking his ass

Nicole- it's only seasonal

Wade- well how is your boss?

Nicole- he's nice...I think I don't really talk much...I just hope by the end of this year I would everything would be fine

"Hi, can I sit here?" Arron asks. "Yes, by all means, I'll call you back...love you," I said. "Boyfriend?" He asked. "Yea," I said as I tucked my bang behind my ear. "For how long?" He asks. "I mean if you don't mind me asking." He said. "A year." He smiles. "Young love gotta love it." He said. "You say it as if you have had, the young love faze." He chuckled as he sits back in his seat. "I did, I thought that she loved me but I was wrong." He sighs, "Oh, I'm so sorry...I loved someone once but he...also didn't love me." That and he's dead. 'Am I really?' Rolling my eyes I lower my head. "That bad?" He asked. "Yea, but now I have Wade." He nods, "lucky guy. By the way, why did you decide this route?" I shrug, "I want to help others." He leans forward. "Like your sister?" Straightening my posture I chuckled, "I don't have a sister." I said looking away.

I grab my things and walk away. Entering my office I close the door. "Well wasn't that nice, he obviously was reading your records." I roll my eyes. "Stop ignoring me. I'm not hurting you."

"But you aren't really real. I'm...your my coping mechanism now, why?"-

"Aria, don't go to your...and you're going.

"Ah, Jade you're back."-

"He's back...I finally figured out why...he's being nice and helpful but annoying...so all I can say he's my coping mechanism...something I've created to punish myself for what I've done. I got him killed...why isn't he being the old version of himself?" I asked. With a deep breath, she looks down. "Why was he the way he was the first time?" Covering my mouth I begin to cry. "I Don't feel guilty," I said. "Why don't I feel guilty?" I asked. "They are dead because of me...all of this was my fault. Their blood is on my hands."

"You also have to remember what they did, you're so traumatized and trying to repress everything that you've become numb to it. You didn't even realize it until now." Wiping my tears I open the door, "Jade, we made a breakthrough...don't leave."

"I can't."-