The Woman and her Black Blob

Peace.

That is what the animals that lived on the Aman Plain were feeling at the moment. 

There were no sounds, but the flaps of the birds' wings, the splashes made by the rushing water of the nearby creek, and the wailing of the lambs, the chicks, the foals, and the other babies that were only just born in this pleasant season of spring.   

A cry of exhilaration infiltrated the peaceful silence. 

A woman, dressed in what seemed to be white rose petals with gold and silver dust, with her long white hair that was stained with black at its tips flying behind her, ran through a gathering of geese that flew to the skies in order to avoid her. 

Chasing the mysterious woman, at first sight, was a black unrecognizable blob the size of an ogre.

Ogres were beastly things that were, at most, 8 feet tall, and 5 feet wide, with only one eye in the middle of their forehead. As hideous and terrifying as they were, they only had an appetite for apples, oranges, and other such fruits. 

Their cousins, the cyclops, on the other hand, were a branch of the ogre family that had a very abnormal diet. They ate flesh along with their fruits. Often, they were reports of cyclops ripping apart buffalos that failed to get away fast enough. Not much could be a challenge for them to eat, only one known person was and they were, ironically, unknown. They always left the same mark on the ogre, a tree that's branches and roots interwove around it in a circle, so it was safe to assume it was the same person.

It's hard to distinguish the difference between an ogre and a cyclops, the only way being to offer them yourself and seeing if they smile. If they do, they accept your 'gift' to them and will promptly eat you if you don't run away. 

Needless to say, the animals in that field panicked when they saw the size of the blob and fled in frightful scurries. The birds flew to their nests, the buffalos herded together far from the running duo, the horses rose on hind legs and turned their backs to gallop to the far side of the plain, even the crickets hiding in the damp grass hopped away. 

What the animals didn't notice was that the black blob was not an ogre, nor was it a cyclops. In fact, it was an equestrian-like animal. It had four long legs that ended with white hooves with tufts of hair growing just above them, and muscles rippled under the velvet black fur that covered the animal. The legs were connected to a strong lean body that was joined to a lengthy neck half covered by a beautiful mane of gold that grew from its crest reached its knee. Its neck held up a head that sported a long snout and proud green eyes. Out of its dock grew a magnificently extensive tail with the same attributes of its mane and if it wasn't flying behind the running animal, it would have reached the ground underneath it.

But that was where the similarities to a horse ended.

This animal had wings and a horn.

Sprouting from either side of it just above its flanks were two gigantic inky wings that were spread in a form that would help it gain speed, making the animal bigger than it actually was. 

It had a horn that seemed slightly translucent and made of gold dust, like the kind making up the dress of the woman it was chasing.

The animal was catching up and soon, the woman was lying on her back with the mysterious animal's hoof on her chest. 

She was laughing. 

"You caught me, Faye. Now please remove your..." The woman paused, a blank and empty look filled her eyes. She shook her head slightly, her eyes coming back into focus, but now filled with confusion when she said, "Faye, what are doing standing on me?" 

The newly named Faye, neighed.

"We were playing tag?" A look of bafflement crossed her features, her large green eyes, not unlike Faye's, were puzzled. She said angrily once she realized something, "How come you never told me? Get off! You're cheating, playing with an unsuspecting person. Let's start over."

Faye neighed once more, but this time in a distressed, sad, perhaps frustrated tone when the woman started to wriggle and push against him. He put just enough pressure on her to get her to stop and focus on him. He repeated his whine. 

"What do you mean I knew?" Her lips formed an 'o' once she realized something," Oh, did I do it again?"

Faye let out a nicker, though it seemed more like a sigh. The woman seemed to take it as a confirmation of her fears. 

"Sorry Faye, you know I can't help it," she replied, her tone apologetic and tired, but not very surprised as if it was a regular occurance.

Faye bobbed his head in an understanding manner, before abruptly dropping himself to the ground, drawing a shout of surprise from the woman his leg from the elbow down was now rested upon. 

"Faye!" The woman shouted, "You're heavy! Get off!"

Faye flipped his main, shook his body, and the started chewing on the woman's hair, pulling every once in a while.

"Ugh! Faye! My hair is not something you can eat," said the still unknown woman angrily, "There is some nice grass over there. Want some delicious grass instead?" 

Faye shook his head, pulling slightly on her hair, and stomped his hoof twice.

The woman winced and tried to convince the stubborn beast once more, "How about a nice doughnut, huh? Glazed with Sprinkles?"

Faye hesitated, desire in his eyes, but continued chewing on the woman's white and black locks, tugging a little harsher this time.

"A dozen doughnuts! How about that?" The woman near shouted, "I'll get you a dozen of your favorite doughnuts!"

Faye tugged her hair brutally, drawing a loud, "You have my word!" from the woman, before letting go and sitting like a dog on his haunches.

The woman sat up and groaned at the feeling of her hair.

"Faye," she whined, "I told you to stop doing that. If you wanted doughnuts, you could have just asked. I don't even know why you make such a big deal about them. They're just too sugary." 

Faye huffed.

"Fine, no need to get so moody about it." The woman rubbed her head, then brought her hands together and slowly separated them. When they were a foot apart, a bright flash blinded the residents and visitors of the plain, who had gone back to their former positions upon noticing that they were no cyclopes to eat them.

After mere seconds, the light died down leaving the animals blinking feverishly, trying to get the spots out of their eyes.

Once Faye could see clearly, he was greeted with the sight of twelve glazed and sprinkled doughnuts in between the woman's hands.

Faye immediately pushed them out of her hands and onto the floor with his snout and started near gulping them down.

"What do you say, Faye?" The woman had a motherly tone in her voice. It screamed, 'say it or you'll regret it!'

"Thanks, Malacia."