idea-ology

SO YOU WANNA MAKE A BOOK

Don't we all just love to finish reading one great fanfiction only to read another one that's almost exactly like it...

Of course we don't.

Ladies and Gents, all things are first created with an idea.

Steve Jobs created Apple, right? Well Apple must have only been his 'idea' at some point.

Bill Gates founded Microsoft, yes? Microsoft at some point must have just been an idea.

Your parents created you. Yep, they had an idea about getting it on and they went for it, then bam, out pops you 9 months later.

You are extremely welcome for the visual image of your parents having sexual interactions, but don't exit the book yet, I haven't got through with my lesson.

Sit down kiddies, class is in session.

Like I said before, all things a created with an idea, but all great things are created with idea(s)

One idea for a book isn't going to cut it.

A lot of people will post a book on a spur the moment notice. They'll have one chapter posted because they had one good idea and now their stuck because they didn't think of anything else.

The best way to prevent that is to not publish books the first day you get the idea in your head.

Write your idea down, start thinking of the story plot, get your characters in order, start imagining scenes in your head, but do. not. Publish it the same day.

If you can go to sleep, then wake up and still think that your idea is a good idea, then go for it, but if not, then nothing was wasted and it just wasn't meant to be.

Sleep is key for writing. It give you that relaxing period where your brain isn't thinking of anything unless your dreaming. If you can wake up and that idea is still fresh in your mind, it's time to start making that idea, idea(S).

This will pretty much come naturally. This is the part where you piece things together. It doesn't have to be perfect or anything, but it's just a way to organize your thoughts.

Don't be afraid to be original.

I see so many books with the same plot I'm surprised they haven't all been charged with a copyright lawsuit.

There's only so many times that a person will read a book about a girl being the newest wrestler in the WWE and she's the daughter or Triple H or the Undertaker and she falls in love with Dean, who's insane or some shit, then she becomes the women's champ out of thin air because fuck it I guess.

I mean, I'm not trying to call out anyones book in particular, that's not what I'm here to do. I'm just saying that story plot of used often.

I won't complain about it too much though. It's hard to see someone with a good idea and not think 'I could write that, but put my own twist on it' but it's still not the best thing to do.

The best way to come up with ideas is to watch a movie, listen to music, or read a published book.

Movies are pretty good way to get ideas. Movies paint the picture almost exactly. Taking scenes from certain movies then making them your own are a good way to get motivated.

Listen to music is probably the most effective. One line of a song could very well be the entire inspiration for the whole book.

Read a published book. Not fanfiction. Go to the store. Look at all the pretty books, read the summaries until you find one that you like, then grab the book, make sure no ones looking, walk out with the book, go home and read it.

I'm not promoting stealing I'm promoting idea making, but unless your a master thief I suggest you pay for the book, or check one out from the library. Genuine author books are 1. Good for you and 2. Can help you get more ideas from the plot that they made.

Make your book relatable, or funny, or sad, or happy, but whatever you do, just make it unique.

CHAPTER REVIEW.
•SLEEP ON YOUR IDEAS
•DONT BE A COPYCAT
•DONT STEAL BOOKS UNLESS YOU WANNA SERVE 5-10 IN A STATE PENITENTIARY