The Hogwarts Express

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, if I did, it would be a lot worse.

A/N. If you didn't already know, Emma in this story is Eclipse_Rose. She has read and approved of her character. There will be other writers in this story, but not all are introduced at once.

"Do you want anything on the trolley dears?" We looked up to see an older looking lady pass by with a cart full of candy. It was like nothing I had ever seen before.

"Sure, I'll just take a licorice wand." I gave Emma a questioning look. What the heck is a licorice wand? Apparently, it was just a regular licorice. Maybe this magic stuff is not that bad.

As the journey continued, we began talking about our lives. It was strange to hear how the wizarding world works. That debate went on for a while until we saw two people walk past the compartment. One looked like they were a second away from getting sick while the other was holding her steady. Emma gave me a concerned look. Oh no, that can't be good.

"Hey, are you okay? Do you need to sit down? We have extra room here." The two girls looked at each other before nodding and sitting down. The one on the verge of vomiting next to Emma and the other one next to me. The former look a deep breath before letting out a loud sigh.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just get nauseous easily. My name's Hannah, the one helping me is Alex." Alex looked uncomfortable talking to us, so I left her alone for a while. Hannah on the other hand seemed friendly. Not only are they apparently different personality-wise, but they are different appearence-wise. Alex is extremely tall with a pixie cut , while Hannah is a little on the short side and had a straight bob. Although they were both brunette, Hannah's was a little lighter. I still not exactly comfortable with having a conversation with her, so I let Emma do the talking.

"Cool. I'm Emma and the one refusing to talk is Sammie."

"Hey! Rude."

"You didn't deny it."

"Shut up."

"Not going to happen you little piece of sh*t." Hannah's head just pops up and she gives Emma the death glare.

"Language! You cannot swear in front of me, I don't like it."

"Fine. Can I say shitake mushroom?"

"Sounds Japanese. It's allowed." Even though Alex was excluded from the conversation, she narrowed her eyes and looked at Emma like she was calculating a complex math equation.

"Your old jeans and bright shirts make it hard to concentrate on what you're saying." She deadpanned, ignoring the look given to her by the rest of us.

"Alex, that was rude. No being mean to people you just met."

"It's true."

"It might be true, but-"

"At this point you are stating the obvious" Emma butts in.

"But you still should not say it out loud."

"Fine. I apologize." It's forced. It's obvious that it's forced.

"Thank you." Emma has a smug look on her face by the end of the argument. An awkward silence then erupts from everyone, a blanket of nothing covering us. I decided to break it so I did not have to endure it anymore.

"Sooo, what house do you want to be in. I don't know anything about them, so it would be good to know what others think of certain ones." Everyone gives me a stare that has really? written all over it. Hannah's the only one who smiled at me and answered the question.

"I don't really know. I heard of only two out of the four from my mum. Hufflepuff sounds like me though."

"What kind of traits does a Hufflepuff have?" Here comes the answers I was looking for!

"Well, hufflepuffs are kind and loyal. Gryffindors are brave and chivalrous. Ravenclaw is for the wise and creative. Slytherin is for people who are ambitious and cunning." My mind races with the possibilities of where I was going to be sorted. Hannah sounded kind of bitter when she mentioned Slytherin, but it sounded more me than any of the others. Emma had a gleam in her eyes and a smirk on her lips. Oh no. Here we go again.

"Well I feel like I will be in Hufflepuff. Hannah, you seem fit for it too. I don't know about the other two. Saying that Alex only talked to us when she was insulting me, she might have a bit of Slytherin in her. I think this weirdo across from me" she points to me, "has potential Ravenclaw, house of the nerds. It would be sad to see us separate though. You might lose the best person you ever met." She does a sassy hair flip and I do what everyone else wanted to do.

I slapped her.

"Ha! I got to it first!" I yelled. People came out of the other compartments looking for what the commotion was. I looked down sheepishly.

"Sorry, that was me. A little to enthusiastic." Everyone went back to where they were they were before.

"The train will be pulling in any minute now. We should get ready." She was right, the train began to slow down. We rushed to collect everything in the compartment and got off the train.