Chapter4: Nine Together As One

chapter4: nine together as one
november 21, 2008

 It was a few hours later. The band members were about to meet at a Starbucks. Ryan and Greg were still on edge. Alec did his best to keep the two guys separate from each other. So he had them sit at different tables. He got Vaughn his own table. Ryan and Greg ended up fighting by texting each other.

 At the same time, Hayley and Emily were carrying their shopping bags from several designer stores. They continued talking smack about Sarah, Rylie, and Maddie.

 As the two girls were about to enter the Starbucks, Sarah, Rylie, and Maddie arrived. They all had styled hair, new clothes, new shoes, and more makeup.

 When both groups met, Emily and Hayley were shocked. The three girls were very fashionable. Rylie actually looked like a celebrity, not a plain 13-year-old.

 After exchanging glares, the girls entered the coffee-shop. They noticed the guys were sitting at their tables. They also saw Greg and Ryan furiously texting on their iPhones.

 Sarah told Maddie and Rylie, “I’m going to sit with Greg. He looks like he needs to cool off.”

 The two girls agreed. Then Maddie asked Rylie, “Where do you want to sit?”

 Rylie looked around. She eyed Ryan. Rylie said, “I want to sit with Ryan.”

 Maddie said, “I was just thinking of the same thing.”

 Rylie smiled, and they both sat with Ryan. Hayley and Emily sat with Alec. Even the girls didn’t like Vaughn. He just rolled his eyes, and went back to his phone.

 When Sarah sat down, Greg looked up. She noticed how angry he looked, so she asked, “Is everything alright, Greg?”

 He replied, “Not really. Me and that blonde dumbass got into a fight. Since we can’t literally fight in the mall, we’re fighting by texting.”

 Sarah gave a small laugh. Greg asked, “What’s so funny?”

 She replied, “We barely know each other, and already you can’t get along with Ryan. Sure, he’s arrogant, but he’s not like Vaughn. Was it Vaughn that started the fight? He seems to hate Ryan.”

 Greg said with a small laugh, “I guess that’s true. I don’t get why Vaughn is trying to fight Ryan. But still, all Ryan cares about is himself.”

 “True, but he’s nice compared to Vaughn. Look, we’re all trying to get along. Hayley and Emily aren’t exactly the nicest girls in the band. They’re very stuck-up.”

 “I’m sure we’ll all start getting along soon. We have to anyway.”

 With that, Greg and Sarah shared a smile.

 At the same time, Ryan looked up from his phone to see Rylie and Maddie sitting in front of him. He stopped texting, and gave a smug grin. He asked them, “So, what brings you by to my table?”

 Rylie blushed a bit, while Maddie was obviously trying not to smile. Ryan noticed what Maddie was trying to do, so he asked, “Are you okay?”

 She thought for a moment. Then she asked, “What are you doing?”

 “What do you mean?”

 “I mean, why are you acting like you want something from us?”