Chapter Eight~

All I heard was a beep and the tv.

"As we all know, the criminals that hijacked the plane from 10 years ago and the one that was hijacked a few days ago, have now been captured. Last night, the FBI and police had a fight against Sam Edwards on Long Hill Lake. Sam Edwards was pounced dead at the scene. Carl Edwards was found guilty for the murders of the plane. We'll be right back for more information."

I opened my eyes to see Chloe sitting beside me.

"Kara you're awake!" Chloe said and jumped up. "How you feeling? Are you okay? Did you die?"

"Chloe shut up, I'm alive." She smiled. "Oh my god, where's Jack!? Is he okay?" I started to sit up but Chloe pushed me back down. "Where's Jack?"

Chloe gave me a sad smile and took my hand. "I'm sorry Kara..."

The world stop. Everything just stopped. Tears were burning my-

"Just kidding he's in the other room, breathing." Chloe smiled.

I didn't know how to react or what to say.

"God, I hate you Chloe." I said and covered my face. "Can I go see him?"

"Well-"

The door knocked and a doctor came in. "Hello, Kara. I'm doctor Bill."

"How am I?" I asked him. He looked at the paper.

"Well you got shot on the stomach but nothing sever. I want you to stand up." He said and looked at me. I got sat up and Chloe grabbed my arm and helped me stand up. "You will need to use a cane for 2 weeks until you and stand up straight." He handed me a cane and I walked around the room.

"Can I see Jack?" I asked him.

He nodded, "He's next door on the right."

I quickly walked out and went next door. I knocked and heard a 'come in'. I opened the door to see Mr. Bull standing next to Jack.

He looked messed up, black bruises, a black eye, but he still looked handsome.

"Jack." I whispered.

"I'll give you guys a minute." Mr. Bull said and walked out. Jack opened his arms and I walked fast towards him and hugged him. Once I made contact with him, I cried. The fear of losing him was so strong that night I had to let go of the feeling. He rubbed my back and hushed me.

"Hey, you saved me." He whispered as I pulled away. I smiled but the tears were still running.

"You saved me." I whispered as he wiped my tears away. "We got him"

He smiled, "No Kara, you got him." I smiled and hugged him.

~

After we got out of the hospital, Jack and I got awards for that night. The whole town was there and it was broadcasting everywhere. I got promoted and Jack did as well. After we got awards, Jack had to say something. He took the stand and said, "That night, I never want to relive it but I got to see that Kara would risk her life for anyone, even for me. I love working with her and I love her. Kara, I need to ask you a question."

He walked over to me and the air disappeared as he got on one knew and held out a box with the most beautiful ring I have ever seen.

"Kara... Will you marry me?" He asked. I nodded and the tears were running down my face as I hugged him. He put the ring on me and said, "Do you see something familiar?"

I looked at it closely until I saw it was my brothers, Luca ring that my dad gave him. By now the tears were just out of control and I kissed Jack. I love Jack.

I was now with someone that I love... I'm not alone anymore.

THE END