XII: Pride and Solice

I drew a female Doffy, I lost the original drawing and I stuck to the picture I last took of it-yeah. Here it is! I was thinking of writing a chapter based this drawing. What do you guys think?

Flashes of gold and pink disturb what used to be a peaceful afternoon basking in waves of heat and azure background.

From afar, the crew of Doflamingo continue to watch mayhem continue to strike chaos into the grounds of Doffy's mansion. If someone else were there, it was graves they would have been effortlessly digging.

It had been a full thrift of minutes without the necessity of at least a break. You and Doffy stare at each other, the both of you refusing to angle your body even an inch for the stoop of surrender. You were both too proud at this state, and enroute the heat of the battle, you hurled mockery at each other and a lot of teasing from his direction frustrating you to no end, but that has stopped when you slowly surrendered to fatigue. However, you two can't hide the heavy breathing scraping past your burning throats. So far, your battles ended into draws due to interruptions the world has thrown at you. A nerve inside your brain was hoping for this to stop but you know you can't stop, not now.

You collect enough air to express your words but gasping wasn't making it any clearer. "How about you give...up..already?" A long desperate gulp of oxygen was siphoned into your system before adding a final word to sprinkle your love. "Pudding."

"I can do this all day...darling~"

You pluck another long blade from your wing and it slides past the side of his neck, thrown off from its target by a little touch of string.

You grit your teeth. "Slugger. I wish I had magic scissors to cut those strings of yours. It's a hell if an annoyance."

"I wish you would run out of your cursed gold someday soon." He says, watching the gold you used to attack him crawl back to you like enormous slugs. You feel them creeping coldness, as if fingering every trench of your spine before picking up their best again, the energy from the core of your wings providing them the automated life you had given them.

"I wish I was the kind of monster like you," you say, a little envy mauling your insides.

He decides to return your venom with just a swish of smirk reeling your mind back. You growl at him.

A voice of one of Doffy's crew mates shouted out loud. "Hey! When are two going to be done over there?"

"Once I defeat this damn bird!" You shout at him, still growling. "And I will reign supreme! And you there will be the first to bow down before me!"

In actuality, if your luck is able to drag in a victory, it should be Doffy who bows before you, first and fore-most. But you're not really keen on having slaves because of what use will they be when you can already do whatsoever you want, and on your own.

The same voice smoothes a long sigh. "Like that's ever going to happen-ACK!"

The ball of gold you catapulted to his direction hit the mark of his forehead, perfectly, as expected.

"Just watch me!"

When you turn back to face Doffy, he has rushed towards you so fast all you could afford was to order the gold to surge from your back and take incomplete form, or take any form to block his strings and kick.

The form was that of your unfinished Buster sword, and it was just the long handgrip, but it was enough to defend yourself, waves of air to blow your hair the other away. Immediately, the sword took shake and you smile devilishly at him but he pushes forward so roughly that you are shoved a few steps back and almost fell to your knees. Your place a hand on the flat side of the sword and muscle enough power to fight back. However, on physical strength, he still outranks you, and your sword shakes at the strength you export.

All was well-you think,even at a disadvantage-with the outcome of the battle impossible to predict when a man wearing a familiar uniform waves at you, appearing from a distance, a little speck of white and blue. When you see her form approaching, you give a final push which made your bones feel like dislocating to get the warlord of your sword and force him backward.

"What is it?!" You cry out in damned frustration, pretty sure Doffy's crew members or the Marine or the people of Dressrosa are going to blow it off for you again. Something like-they can never handle the pirates that attack the nearby cove and the people rutting nearby. The female marine solider begins to explain but you are already reconstructing your wings again, preparing for your flight towards the cove but you are halted by a hand grasping below your wrist.

You sigh at Doffy, "Sorry baby cake but I don't have time for you right now. Let's continue this battle later."

"You pick the people before me?"

Well, you knew how and where to sort things, people, materials, power and etcetera, but right now, you didn't know where his smile belonged to-anger, annoyance or the usual mockery.

"I would pick them over you, any day." You smile, genuinely but not really. It was half-true, your words, but you didn't let go off his gaze to show the fact in them. Doffy merely smiles at you and waves everyone watching away. You raise your eyebrow in suspicion at the privacy he commanded that you two acquire.

"Well, do have something to say before I get going? Say, a surrender? It would be much appreciated." You grin, showing off your pearly teeth. You have now summoned all the good back to your wings and is currently, shaping bullets and arranging them in their compartments.

His lips press into a firm line but a little notch to a frown, a seriousness or probably something close to a sentiment, but far of happiness excitement. Maybe you hit a nerve in there already, and you prepare yourself for whatever comes, bad or good and nothing else in between that. Because of the chains of his hand, and the open space, you are blind for all sides, except for ahead, facing Doffy with your valor.

"No, I only need you to hold your tongue."

"What are you-"

And it was too fast, and the first to emerge into your thoughts is the alert of foreign touch invasive and endearing.

His lips are on yours—he kissed you.