Chapter 17

"Let's not disturb them, okay?" Lizzy said with a nervous chuckle. "You could scare them."

"But I wanna pinch their cheeks!"

"Don't do that!" The two were currently at the kitchen, watching over the three kids sleep on the couch. The group just finished watching a movie and the three knocked out when the credits started rolling. The others decided to not disturb them so they quietly went out of the room. "You know what?" Lizzy said with a smile. "I'm gonna go work on my runner. It's been forever since I done it."

"You go, girl!" Keiza grinned. "Make sure to give James a hug, okay? He's probably working on his too."

"Ok!" Lizzy walked off and went into the garage, where she saw James working on his green motorcycle. She then saw her navy blue runner almost right beside his and grinned, ready to get working on it. In the group, the only ones that had runners were James, Lizzy, William, and Ryan. They couldn't get any more because there wasn't enough space in the garage to keep them, despite the fact that they could just park it outside of the house. But no one minded that and everyone was content with having only four runners.

"Hey!" James smiled. "Gonna work on your vehicle?"

"Yup!" Lizzy exclaimed. "I kind of want to ride it around today so I'm checking if it's still working?"

"Still working?! Lizzy, don't doubt the power of a motorcycle!"

"Yeah but don't you remember the last time I didn't check?"

"You gotta be kidding me!!" Lizzy exclaimed, looking at her runner's smoked engine. "Why did you break down on me now?!" She pulled off to the side of the road and looked at the engine closely, not seeing the problem and groaning. "If I have to take you apart again, I will leave on the side of the road!" She messed with the engine for a bit but got really frustrated. She kicked the runner and it tilted towards one side. However, it started to fall where she was sitting and she wasn't quick enough to get out of her position. She ended it up on the ground, with her runner collapsed on her stomach. "Well, this just got worse...." She tried to get the runner off of her but was too tired to do it. She groaned loudly and laid there on the ground, not caring anymore. She looked at the sky until a familiar figure with black hair came into view.

"Need help?" he asked.

"Yusei....when a person is underneath their runner and has practically given up on life, that's the moment to help!!!!!!" He was surprised that she yelled at him. He got on his knees and asked,

"Why are you being cranky?"

"..........I haven't had lunch yet."

"Lizzy, it's 4 in the afternoon."

"I know......."

"When did you have breakfast?"

".........................................................9."

"Why?!"

"I have errands to do! Don't judge me!!"

"I remember that day," James said. "It was when you starved yourself to get stuff for us."

"I did not starve myself!" Lizzy argued. "I just didn't go home to eat lunch. Plus, I didn't have much money."

"That's starving yourself, buddy. But be glad Yusei took you to get sushi."

"I think he couldn't handle me when I'm cranky." James chuckled and went back to work on his motorcycle. Lizzy cracked her knuckles and began to work on her runner.

***************************************

"So what else should we do today?" William asked the remaining group who was not asleep or in the garage.

"I have no idea," Ryan sighed. "There's nothing to do. We've already watched a movie and the sun is still in the sky."

"Yeah.....how about we grab some dinner?"

"Yeah, let's get pizza!" Aaliyah grinned. "Anyone else want to join?"

"I will," Dylan said, raising his hand slightly.

"I'll stay behind," Ian said. "Just to watch over the kids."

"Me too," Keiza agreed. The group then split up even more to get food.

********************************************

"Done!!" Lizzy exclaimed after spending a few hours on her motorcycle. She wiped her dirty hands with a small towel and sighed in accomplishment. "I think I did well today."

"You definitely did!" James smiled. "Nothing exploded this time!"

"Shut up! Last time it was because the engine went crazy!" The two laughed and then high five each other because of what they have accomplished. They cleaned up and headed back into the house. Lizzy opened the door and little Yusei ran into her, falling backward to the ground. "Whoops!" Lizzy said. "Sorry about that, buddy. Are you okay?" The boy shook his head and said,

"I had a bad dream.."

"Oh no, again? Did you have the bear with you?"

"No."

"Wait, you gave him your teddy bear?" James said, figuring that out quickly. "Really, Lizzy?"

"It's supposed to help!" Lizzy protested. "What else could I do? Besides, it usually works." The boy clung to her, still scared of his nightmare. Lizzy looked down at him with concern and said, "It's okay now. Nothing will harm you now." Little Yusei nodded but stayed close to Lizzy.

"Hey, how did it go?" Keiza asked, walking towards them.

"It went great," James smiled, pecking her cheek. "We got a lot done."

"Wonderful! William, Ryan, and Aaliyah went out to get some pizza for dinner."

"Pizza?" little Yusei repeated.

"Perfect!" Lizzy said, rubbing the kid's head gently. "That'll make you feel better for sure." He smiled warmly and hugged her waist tight. Keiza thought it was too cute and mouthed out to Lizzy,

"I wanna pinch him!"

"No!" Lizzy mouthed back. James chuckled softly and wrapped his arm around Keiza, walking away with her. There was a moment of silence between Lizzy and her young friend when the latter said, "Lizzy?"

"Hm?" she answered.

"When you make potions again, could I help you?"

"Sure thing! I'd love some help." Before this, no one had asked Lizzy for assistance with her alchemy. She thought it was because making potions were difficult to make and that she would make them late at night. But having someone wanting to help put her mind at ease of the thought.

"Hey, we're back!!" William exclaimed, opening the front door. "And we have food!"

"Sweet!" Lizzy smiled, turning to little Yusei. "Let's get food." The boy nodded and they went to get something to eat.

A somewhat random chapter but that's okay! Sometimes it's needed to make people laugh.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and see you on the next one! :)