Chapter 1

Mary's POV

My best friends' 18th birthday is coming up and his mother is coming over to plan his surprise party while he is teaching 10-year-olds how to shoot a bow and arrow.

The doorbell rang and I ran to answer it.

"Hi, Mrs. Susan! How are you?" I asked happily.

"I'm wonderful, Mary! How are you?"

"I'm glad that there's only two months of school left."

My mom came down the stairs.

"Please come in!" Mom said.

"Thank you!"

We sat down at the table.

"Can I get anyone anything to drink?" I asked.

"I think we're OK. Thanks, honey," mom said.

"OK, well I'm going to get some Dr. Pepper." I said.

I grabbed a can from the pantry and sat at the table next to my mom with Mrs. Susan on the other side.

"OK, first things first, I want the party to be just our families, plus you guy's other friend, Morgan. That'll already be a big guest list, don't you think?" Mrs. Susan asked.

Yeah, you could say that.

I have three brothers, two older, one younger: Steven, older, twenty-one, Matthew, older, nineteen, and Aaron, younger, fifteen. I also have four sisters, they're all older: Emily, twenty-three, Erica and Cailey, twenty-two, and Ariel, twenty-one. Erica and Cailey are identical twins.

John has one older brother, Zach, who's twenty-one. He also has a younger sister, Alyssa, who's sixteen. She was born almost an exact year after John. The two of them are really close.

Then you have my parents, John's parents, his grandparents, Morgan, and me. That's already eighteen people at the party.

"That sounds good to me. That's a lot of people." Mom said.

"Do you know where you want it to be? The park would be fun," I asked.

"It would be, if it wasn't early April in Colorado. It's still winter and way to cold to do an outdoor party, especially in the evening." Mrs. Susan said. "We could do it at the sports gym, Steven had a party there, however many years ago. My gosh, you kids are growing up so fast! I remember it was really fun. We could rent one of the rooms, like last time. There was enough space, right?"

"There was more than enough room, and we had a large group, like this time." Mom said.

"Mary, what do you think?"

"It was fun last time, there's all kinds of sports we could play." I ran through the list in my head. There's a basketball court, two indoor heated swimming pools, a mini golf course, and a volleyball court. I'm not good at anything requiring athleticism, that's John's thing, I'm the music girl. "Yeah! Let's do it there! Another question, what kind of cake do we want?"

"His favorite is butter cream with chocolate icing, and it's easy, so I'll make it."

"OK, when do we want to do it?"

"I get off work at 6:00, it takes about forty five minutes to get there, so, I could come over and start setting up. Elizabeth, you and Sean can come over whenever you get off work. My parents and Paul are coming, so that should be more than enough people to get decorations ready. It shouldn't take that long, so we could do it at 8:00. That would give me enough time to change into some more comfortable clothes, get over there, and get set up."

"I'll be over there around 7:30, boss has me working late that night."

"John and I will go get dinner at Chili's after school, come back here for a piano lesson, then go to Grammie and Papi's ranch for an archery lesson, and be over at the gym at 8:00!"

"It sounds like we have a plan!" Mrs. Susan said. "It'll be very fun, and John will love it!"

"What does John want for his birthday?" I asked.

"Well, my parents are getting him every season of Doctor Who, original and new, and I think he also wants the complete set of Once Upon a Time, now that the whole show is finished."

"Mom, can we get that?"

"Yeah, that sounds fine."

"Awesome! Well, if we have nothing else to discuss, I've got some calculus homework calling my name."

"I think we're good." Mrs. Susan looked down at her watch, "John's almost done with his lesson, so I'm going to go home. It was nice to see you ladies."

"You, too, Susan. Let me show you out." We all stood up.

"I'll see you later, Mrs. Susan." I hugged her.

"You, too, sweetheart."

When they walked out the door, I grabbed my Dr. Pepper, which I had only taken one drink of, and walked up the stairs.

After you walk up the stairs, my room is the first thing you see on the left.

I need to repaint my room! The walls are the same ugly baby blue with even uglier yellow ribbons that I've had since I moved in here when I was five! I don't like it!

I have a life-size cutout of the 11th Doctor in front of my closet and multiple Doctor Who posters. One of them, in the top left corner it has a Dalek that is gray and the spots are light blue. The bulk of it is the TARDIS, then in the bottom right corner it says, "Lost in Time and Space". I think it's a cover for an old comic book. Another one is a the Tardis, and the other one is the evolution of the Tardis. I have some Divergent paper cards that Morgan stenciled and colored for me for my 13th birthday. It has all the faction symbols and names on them. I have a magnet of Killian Jones doing his signature smirk. Oh, I fall for it every time I see it! On the bottom it says, "Hook". I also have an Iris West magnet, the one from the TV show, not comic book Iris West. My favorite thing would have to be the Killian magnet.

I turned on Pandora.

I just got the perfect idea for the party! We could play "Pin the bow tie on the Doctor!" We could use my cutout and cut bow ties out of card stock. We wouldn't actually use pins, I don't want any holes in the Doctor. Whoever wins, gets a bag of chocolate.

OK, now I need to start on my homework. I'm glad I already did some of it, so I don't have much left.

~~~~~

A/N:

Hey guys! So, first chapter! What did you think? Tell me in the comments box below.

I hope you guys are excited, too! Thanks for reading! I love you guys!

(PS: Mary's room is my room. I have all of those things. But, I finally got to repaint my room, two Junes ago, I just wrote this chapter before that happened.)

--Rebekah