(7): SCARLETT

Yeah, I know this is short. Haha Becca, another 1 for you, for making dis awesomee cover!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SCARLETT:

I reached out to silence the alarm the next morning at 6:30 AM. Gosh, I hate that sound. It’s so annoying! Why do they even make these things? Does anyone really want to hear a rhythmic pattern of beeping early in the morning? No.

The reason people were happy early risers, oh, a hundred fifty years ago, was because they woke up naturally. To singing birds. Swishing trees. Crowing of the rooster, which is still far more pleasant than what we wake up to today.

“Where are we going today?” mumbled Jess, who was laying down in bed next to Emma, who stubbornly refused to open her eyes. “And why is Celie still not awake? And why is Niall Horan sleeping in the same bed as Celie?” she asked, waking Emma up.

“What? Oh yeah, that. Unbelievable,” Emma remarked, and then left to the bathroom to shower and get changed. I looked carefully at the other large bed. Niall had his arm draped around Celie’s waist, and she had a small smile on her face. Oh, that rhymed.

“Who has their itinerary?” Jess asked, scowling. After the first minute of awakeness, Jess went back to her grumpy-when-sleep-deprived self. Nevertheless, I checked my carry-on bag for that piece of paper. After emptying out all my contents more than once, I sighed. I had forgotten to bring something.  

“I’ve got it!” Emma exclaimed. She was already dressed in a teal short-sleeved shirt and dark blue jeans, with a cardigan draped over her arm. Emma waved the paper above her head, and Jess darted to go grab it. Unfortunately, Emma toppled over in the process, crashing on a drawer.

“Oh my gosh I’m sorry Em!” Jess squeaked. Indeed, she looked genuinely sorry.

“What happened?” another voice asked, waking up. It was Niall. Watching us while we were in our PJ’s.

Emma was so lucky she already got dressed.

“Oh, I remember now,” Niall added, his voice brightening slightly. “Yeah, um, good night,” he called again, plunking his head back down. But instead of hitting the pillow, he hit Celie’s head.

The morning. What a perfect time for clumsiness.

“It’s a pillow. It’s a pet! It’s a Pillow-Pet!” Celie began singing out of nowhere. We all stared at her, including Niall. Who cares if I was wearing PJ’s anymore? Celie was the main center of attraction now.

☺§♨§☺§♨§☺§♨§☺§♨§☺§♨§☺§♨§☺§♨§☺§♨§☺§♨§☺§♨§☺§♨§☺§