Chapter 9

Rainbow Dash's P.O.V

"How pathetic. You have no parents and you have no friends either. You are nothing but a useless being. You should have never been born into this world. If it weren't for you, Blitz and Marina would be alive and happy. It's all your fault. Just die already." A black figure said.

"No.. it's not.. my fault..it's not me..."

Black figures appeared one by one, increasing each time. They repeated the same words, "Just die already."

"Just die already."

"..." I remained silent.

"Just die already."

"..."

"Just die already."

Again and again like a never ending cycle.

"Gack...!" I shouted in pain as a red rope appeared around my neck. It was held by one of those black figures. He pulled it tighter and tighter until no air was left.

I wake up from my nightmare. Like always, I was covered in sweat.

Damn it.. when will these nightmares end..?

I touched my neck, reminiscing about my dream where I died from lack of oxygen.

It's just getting worse everytime... The last time I had a peaceful sleep was when he... No. I should stop. I told him to go away. I was the one who turned my back... I should just forget about him...

I look to my bed side.

It's just 3:00 am.. school starts at 7:00.. maybe I should double check my assignments.

I grabbed my bag and brought out my science notebook. A piece of paper folded in half fell out.

Hmm? How come this didn't fall out when I was using it yesterday?

I picked it up and read what it said.

'Hey, Dash! Thank you so much for lending me your notes. I got a B on the homework because of that. Just ask me if you need help on anything, I will gladly help you! :)"

—Soarin

I crumpled the paper and threw it into the trashcan.

I went back to bed and tried to sleep again.

SAME DAY|TIME 6:58am

I stared at the black board blankly. As I focused my mind on the board, the noise I hear around me seemed like tiny buzzes of a bee.

They're all so noisy... so annoying..

My mind drifted away.

"You just came in now, Soarin? Dude, You're almost late! Hahahahaha!" Spike teased his friend.

"I slept late so I woke up late as well." The friend explained.

"It's not you to sleep late. Why were you up at that time?" Spike asked.

"Just thinking about.... things." The friend replied.

"Settle down, students." Sir Clyde knocked on the table to get everyone's attention and succeeded in getting mine as well.