9

At 7:48 AM, Logan woke up before Joanna did. He got out of his bed and stretched. Logan opened his curtains and the sun was rising. He turned around to see Joanna looking at him all over, a smile on her face. She had her are bent at the elbow and her hand was in a fist propping her head up. "Morning handsome.", she said. Logan walked back to the bed and Joanna sat up. The blanket fell from her chest to reveal her bra. Logan placed a hand on her face and kissed her. "How is your stomach?", he asked. Joanna got tears in her eyes and said, "It healed on its own." She pulled the blankets down to reveal her very toned stomach. Logan took a sigh of relief when he saw her skin without stitches. There were no scars and her body was stronger than ever. "Logan, I...", Joanna started. Logan smiled at her and that's all she needed. She went for his lips and she grabbed his shoulders. Logan didn't hesitate to grab the back of her neck. Joanna broke away from him and she pulled him onto the bed. Logan sat up as Joanna straddled his lap. Their lips connected once again as Joanna ran her hands through Logan's hair. Logan ran his hands down from her shoulders to her lower back. "Oh... Logan...", Joanna moaned. Logan smirked and flipped over to where he was on top of Joanna. She wrapped her legs around his waist and Logan bit her lip. Logan kissed Joanna's neck and she pulled his hair. She untied the strings that held up his sweatpants but he stopped her. Joanna looked at him, confused, but Logan just smiled. "Let's wait until tonight.", he said as he winked. Joanna laughed and nodded. Logan kissed her and got off her. Joanna rolled off the bed and found shorts and a shirt and quickly threw them on. "Damn I need some more clothes!", Joanna laughed. Logan tied his sweatpants again and walked to his door, Joanna close behind him. When he opened it, he saw Scott standing there. Logan pushed Joanna back and unsheathed his claws. "What the fuck do you want?", he growled. Scott put his hands up in defense and said, "I just want to apologize to Joanna." Logan stepped back and stated, "You have one minute and then you leave." Scott stepped in his room and Joanna backed up. "I want to say I'm very sorry for what I did to you. I didn't know what came over me but you remind me so much of Jean that I just couldn't control myself.", he said. Joanna walked towards him angrily and said, "I don't know what was going through Jean's head when she was with you. What you did to me will never leave. My mind is already fucked up enough from what they did to me in the lab and you made it worse!" Logan grabbed Scott's shoulder and said, "It'd be best if you left. She's still very upset." Scott left and Joanna ran her hands through her hair. She had tears in her eyes and Logan hugged her. "Did that feel good to tell him that?", he asked. She nodded and rested her head against Logan's chest. "Your heartbeat is so strong. So powerful.", Joanna said softly. Logan didn't say anything. He grabbed her hand and led her out of the room. They were in the crowded hallway when Logan ran into Rogue and Bobby. "Hey Rogue. What are you doing?", Logan asked. Rogue smiled and said, "Nothing much. Bobby and I were going to go to town. Do you two want to come with?" Logan looked at Joanna and she said, "We'd love to. I need to get clothes anyway!" Rogue and Bobby both laughed and Logan smiled. "After breakfast, let's meet at the front door and we'll go to town.", Rogue said. They went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. Joanna chattered among the younger mutants. She was standing and talking with 4 kids just over 10 years old, two boys and two girls. One little girl wanted to see her claws so Joanna knelt down and said, "Do you want to see them?" She giggled and nodded. She slowly and carefully unsheathed her right hands claws. The kids were in awe of how shiny and cool they were. "I want to get some!", one little boy said. Joanna laughed and replied, "I have an idea! Here!" She grabbed four plastic knives and had the little boy use his fingers to "sheath and unsheath" them. Logan was leaning against the counter watching her. He smiled at her as Charles came up next to him. "She really does have a gift with children, doesn't she Logan?", Charles said. Logan turned his head towards the professor and replied, "She sure does. That's another reason why I love her." Charles and Logan both watched as Joanna and the little kids play fought with each other. The little boy with the plastic knives poked Joanna in the shoulder with them and she fell back saying, "Oh, you've got me. You are so good at fighting!" The kids giggled and swarmed over her. She laughed and hugged the little boy with the knives. "One day Logan, I want you to marry her.", Charles said. Logan's throat tightened and he turned red. "Really?" The professor answered, "Why yes! You care for her more than anybody in this mansion. You share a room with her. She's your responsibility now." Charles turned in his wheelchair and left Logan smiling at Joanna and the kids. About an hour later, Logan and Joanna met Bobby and Rogue at the door. "You two lovebirds ready to go?", Rogue asked. Logan opened the door and Bobby led Rogue out and Joanna followed him. Logan shut the door and took Joanna's hand. They got into the car and Bobby drove off. They got into town and Rogue and Joanna were wanting to go to the mall. Bobby turned into the parking lot and parked his car. They got out and Logan opened Joanna's door. He helped her out and held her hand while Bobby helped Rogue out. They then made their way to the mall. "Joanna, how about me and you go do girly things while Bobby and Logan hang out?", Rogue said. Joanna smiled and agreed. Logan was going to object to that but Joanna's said, "Don't worry Logan. Rogue will be with me and besides, we are just going to get clothes." Logan smiled and said, "I know. After all we've been through, I just worry about you sometimes." Joanna stood on her the tips of her toes and whispered into Logan's ear, "I'll buy something sexy so you'll have fun taking it off me." Logan opened his mouth in awe and looked at Joanna surprisingly. She kissed him goodbye and Rogue said, "We will meet back here in about an hour. Bobby froze his lips and kissed Rogue goodbye. Joanna and Rogue walked towards a shop full of girls clothes. "What do you want to do?", Bobby asked Logan. Logan said, "How about we get a beer?" Bobby agreed and they both made their way to the bar.