Chapter 1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY relatively_legal, THIS IS FOR YOU BBY

It's like, midnight and I've decided to start an entire story because my friend has a birthday so-

I'M RESPONSIBLE AND RATIONAL I SWEAR!

Kath's pov

I don't know how this happened. All I did was fall asleep, honest! I fell asleep, and after when seemed like an eternity, I woke up. Only I wasn't in bed. I'm not sure where I appeared, and I couldn't tell. My vision blurred horrible, and I could hear my head pounding in my ears. All the sounds around me were so amplified. So loud that I couldn't discern what was what. I think I heard a bird, but it could've been a siren. I think I hear a river, but it could be a running sink. Everything is so jumbled, and I find that I can't move. All I can do is lay on my side with my eyes clenched shut.

God, everything is spinning! Why won't it just stop?! It's like when you're a kid and you want off the merry-go-round, but you can't jump off because it's going way too fast. Peoples faces fly by, and sometimes if you stand up and don't keep down low, your head will start to hurt. That's what I feel like. Only I'm standing on a merry-go-round that's suspended in the middle of a room full of zoo animals, and it's going faster than any merry-go-round I've ever been on. It's terrifying, and it's new.

Flying and flying and flying past. Smells, sounds, flashes of color. I grunt, but I can't hear myself do it. The sound gets mixed in with the others, and gets lost in the jumble. I want to talk, to scream, to do something to release the pressure and sound building up inside my head. But I can't feel my body move, if I'm even moving it. I tell my leg to move, but it doesn't feel right. Everything feels foreign. I want to stand and to run until I collapse, just so I can let it out.

I try to move my arm and legs, trying to control my breathing. I blink, squinting against the sunlight filtering through what I think is trees. Can God like, turn the brightness down or what? It's like waking up in the middle of the night and checking your phone. Basically, I can feel my precious eyeballs burning right out of my sockets and into nothing but dust. Well, that might actually be better than this. At least it'd be over quick.

I groaned, yelping when what came out of my mouth was a grunt. And that yelp.... it was so off. So weird. It didn't sound like my voice, is what I mean. It was more of a growl, almost. A somehow feminine rumble. I didn't like it. It made my chest vibrate, and it sounded so loud in my ears, which finally seem to be adjusting to some extent. Not really. Everything still hurts.

Groaning again, I rolled onto all four and tried to push myself up with one hand. Only it didn't work, which is weird because I'm used to pushing myself up, because my clumsy ass is always falling. But this, this is just a whole new level of clumsy. I propelled myself up, you know to stand up because that's what you do, and I somehow managed to flip myself onto my back.

"Ouch." I paused. "Ouch?" I said again, listening carefully to my voice through all the noise. It's definitely my voice but it seems more... I don't know, it's just different! More rumbly, or something like that. I don't know. To be completely honest, I don't think I know anything anymore.

"Gah, everything looks so weird." I muttered, rolling over onto all fours. I blinked. When did I get by a river? Was that the sink faucet I heard? Wait, how the hell did I get from my bed to the forest? I don't think I've ever been this confused in my entire life, and I get confused about loads of stuff. Like why America chose Trump as their president? That's one of life's great mysteries. At least in my opinion it is anyway.

I peered down into the crystal water, and my face went blank. All at once, the blurry vision and overwhelming sound seemed to get tuned off, and I could see my reflection. Well, actually it wasn't my reflection. It was just the opposite.

I screamed, but that's not what came out. It wasn't shrill or ear-piercing. No, what came out of my mouth was a roar. One that seemed to shake the forest around me to silence.

 One that seemed to shake the forest around me to silence

So this is sorta what Kath is going to look like. Only she has a purple color theme, and none of the jewelry you see that. Not the collar or anything. So... if you can imagine that, good on you! I'll try to redraw it since I'm not horrible at drawing, and then I'll try to color and edit it the way I need. But... yah! KATH