Chapter 28

It's been a few weeks after the incident. Today was the day we go to court. I wore a black skirt along with a white crop top. I put on some white converse. I hopped down stairs and too the kitchen.

"Ready for today?" My mom asked

"I guess" I said eating my breakfast

After breakfast I went straight to Logans house. He was gonna drive me to the court since he needed too make sure I'd be okay even thought there was police there

"Hey Logan!" I said walking in

Juanpa turned around.

"OH MY GOODNESS CHLOE!" Juanpa screamed

He ran too me and hugged me to death

"Thank Jesus you're okay" he cried out

"J-Juanpa I'm not gonna b-be o-okay if you d-don't let go of me" I said almost running out of air

The boy band why don't we was there. Oh. My other best friend, Valentina knows them I think.

"Don't you know Valentina?" I asked

They nodded. They told me what happened to her. So apparently she has this weird disease and there isn't a cure for her. I feel bad for her, I hope I can't visit her or she can come to L.A. One day.

"Hey Jack, you like her don't you" I smirked at him

"Uh... Pft... no" he said looking away

"Yeah sure" I laughed

I face timed her.

"Hey Val" I smiled

"Oh hey Chloe" she smiled back

"Where you at?" I asked

"Hospital" she groaned

"Oh, well I'm gonna visit some time soon, I promise" I said

I bright smile came across her face.

"Oh I'm with Why Don't We" I said facing

"Hey guys!" She said with her cheerful voice

"Hi Chloe" they responded

I heard talking. She had to end the fall for more testing. Yikes. It was a few hours eventually. Logan and Juanpa cleaned up the place. I hugged King bye.

Logan drove me and Juanpa to the court. We got there, we went through security check. Then we walked into the court. It was huge.

I saw everybody that came. My mom, dad, team 10, Jake, Ray, Elena, Ally, Kyle and the people that stayed at the party. I sat down at the table. The lawyer my mom hired was beside me. Then on the other side was the defendant, Leoana, and her lawyer, and her parents behind her. The judge came in.

"All rise" said the officer

We all stood up.

"You may now be seated"

We all sat down. He read the rules and stuff. The first witness was Elena.

"Please raise you're right hand. Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

"I do" Elena said

She then sat down when she was told. They asked a few questions there and then. It was the usual thing. They called people up to witness. Asked questions and that stuff.

Then it was the next day. Same thing over and over again till the 4th day. The day the jury's make their decision on wether Leoana is guilty.

"The jury finds the defendant.... guilty" the clerk said

"Leoana Jones is sentenced to 10 years of jail for first degree murder"

We all sighed in relief. We were all glad that Leoana was getting locked up for attempt murder. Once everything wa settled we left the place. Straight back to team 10. Well my mom had to go back to Ohio.

I said my goodbyes. She told me to be careful. Rest of the day I layed in bed with Emilio. Something we haven't done in a while. I layed on his arms as it was wrapped around me. I was curled up next to him.

"I'm glad she's locked up, I'm so sorry for what happened" Emilio said looking at me

"It's okay" I said giving him a small smile

"Now you have more bodyguards then usual and more security cameras around the house and hidden cameras in case of something" Emilio said

"Yeah.. at least Jake is moving the team 10 house to somewhere else" I said

Emilio nodded in agreement. He then planted a kiss on my lips. I smiled into the kiss.

"I'm glad I have you as my partner" he said

"Me too" I said kissing his lips

Sorry for this short ass chapter💀 so my mind is blurry on law and court stuff even thought my first semester elective was Law Studies😂 so I remember some of the stuff and other I had to research. If you don't know what a defendant is it's the person being accused and stuff. And you do have to tell the truth and only truth or there will be consequences in the trial. Oh and a first degree murder is attempt murder💀 wow I feel smart😂 don't forget to comment, vote and share!