Chapter 24

Millie opened her eyes to an unfamiliar sound, someone coughing, or pretending to cough awkwardly from the doorway. Once she was able to focus she realised it was her dad, "hey dad, everything ok?" she asked sleepily. When he didn't reply she examined his face more closely, trying to sit up in the process she realised that there was someone underneath her, ohhh...crap... she thought, realising that her dad looked pretty unimpressed with the sight before him. Mentally checking that she was indeed fully clothed before she spoke, she said "what?" in response to the look she, or rather Finn, was getting.

"Time to get up, the police want to take your statement after breakfast" he stated, not unkindly, but annoyed at finding his daughter sleeping with Finn.

"Oh, ok...I'll be out in a few minutes" she said quietly. She realised that her dad wasn't budging from his position at the door, so she grabbed her clothes and made her way to the bathroom to get washed and changed. After 10 minutes or so she emerged and went to get her glasses from the bedside table, as she did so she narrowed her eyes and watched Finn sleeping. "Ok, ready for another delicious hospital breakfast" she said, pretending to stick her finger down her throat and gag and making her dad chuckle. As they left the room Millie said, "oh, I forgot something, be right back..." She walked back into the room, right up to the bed and quietly said "don't think I don't know that you were awake the whole bloody time," Finn's body shaking with suppressed laughter, "you can't avoid him forever, just saying" she concluded, the shaking immediately stopping.

"Well, if I'm going to be destroyed by your dad then I may as well do this!" he said, grabbing her and pulling her into a kiss.

"Hu-hum!"

"Oh fu...dge" said Finn carefully, causing Millie to burst out laughing.

"Fudge?" she said through her giggles.

"Oh, hey Millie, so glad you're up, come on everyone, breakfast!" said Millie's mum, dragging her still scowling husband from the room.

"Man, I love your mum" said Finn, "safe for another..."

"10 minutes, she literally bought you 10 more minutes of life...it was nice knowing you" Millie deadpanned, amused at what was happening, and leaving behind a worried Finn as she went to meet her family.

Crap, I always thought her dad liked me...I need to talk to someone about this pronto...and who the fuck says pronto!? Jeez, I'm losing it right now...Finn grabbed his phone and dialled the one person he hoped would give good advice.

"Hey bro, how are you feeling?"

"Not too bad, thanks, when are you guys back again?

"Couple of days, is that ok? Is anything wrong?"

"No, I just need some advice, like immediate emergency advice"

"Whoa, ok, what's going on?"

"Ummm, this is really awkward, but I need girl advice...not like that though..."

"You're gonna have to be more specific then"

"Ok, don't lose your shit, me and Millie..."

"Hah! Knew it...dad owes me 50 bucks"

"What the fuck, Nick! Jeez, anyways, her dad is kind of giving me the evil stare every time he sees us together."

"Yeah, and?"

"Well, what do I do? I thought he liked me..."

"Dude, he did like you, until he realised that you're now fucki..."