Chapter 9

"Your boyfriend is really good with kids." Jimin commented as he watched the man sit at a now full piano with Jiho and Biwoo, playing Mary Had a Little Lamb.

"Who? Yoongi?" Eunsook asked as she cut up the chicken that had just come out of the oven. "He's not my boyfriend."

Jimin looked at her with confusion on his face. "He's not?"

"No, he's just a really good friend." She began to throw the pieces of chicken into a bowl of pasta. "He moved in to help out with Biwoo after the government deemed him suitable to care for a child."

"That was nice of him." Jimin said, moving further into the kitchen. "Can I help?"

"Yeah, can you get some plates down?" She pointed to a cabinet before going back to stirring up the pasta and chicken. "Well, Yoongi knew about Biwoo's situation and wanted to help out as much as possible." She explained as he took the plates to the table.

"You talk as if you knew Biwoo before." Jimin said, looking at her.

Eunsook hesitated as she set the chicken pasta on the table. She obviously decided to act as if Jimin hadn't said anything, instead opting to call the others in for dinner.

***

"Can we go to Miss Eunsook's again, Daddy?" Jiho asked as Jimin washed his hair.

"If she ever asks us over again." Jimin replied, picking up the pitcher he uses to rinse Jiho's hair.

"But why do we have to wait for that?"

"Because.." Jimin paused as Jiho laughed at the feeling of water being dumped on him. "We can't just go over there when we feel like, we have to be invited first."

"What if she was my new mommy?" Jimin choked on air as he squirted soap into a washcloth.

"What makes you ask that?"

Jiho shrugged. "She would be a good mommy."

Jimin sighed as he motioned for Jiho to stand up so he could wash him. "Getting a mommy is more complicated than that. Plus you already have a mommy, why do you want a new one?"

"Miss Eunsook plays with me, Mommy doesn't."

"Is that the only reason?" Jimin stopped rubbing the washcloth over Jiho's skin as Jiho just looked down and shrugged. Jimin sighed and grabbed Jiho's arm to begin washing it. "Your mommy is different. She might not play games with you, but she still loves you. You know that, right?"

"I guess."

"How about we finish your bath, and then I can make you some hot chocolate before bed?" Jiho perked up and nodded excitedly.

***

Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung conversed behind the counter, as the restaurant had just opened, and only had a few families that were being taken care of by other workers. Their conversation about whether or not rabbits live on the moon was cut short by Mila bursting through the doors of the diner.

"Mila? What-"

Mila ignored Taehyung as she goes straight to Jimin. "A divorce?!" The customers currently in the diner started to look over at Mila's outburst.

"Mila," Jimin kept his voice quiet and calm. "Let's not do this here. Can we talk during my break?"

"No, we're going to talk about this now! A divorce?!"

"Mila-" Jimin is cut off by Hoseok calling his name.

"She's disturbing our customers." Hoseok whispered as he walked up to Jimin.

"I know, I'm trying to take care of it."

"Well, take her to the backroom and take care of it there." Hoseok walked off to one of the couples there for breakfast and immediately started apologizing and asking if there was anything he could do.

Jimin walked around the counter and grabbed Mila's wrist, pulling her into the staff break room. "Okay, now you can yell all you want."

"A divorce?!" She yells again, before he'd even finished his sentence. "You were the one that said you wanted to work things out, that you still loved me, yet here you are, sending a lawyer to my house with divorce papers?"

"In my defense, I just called this morning and didn't realize they would already send someone over to your house."

"They said they needed both of us to state what we wanted out of the divorce and that they don't like to waste time or something like that, but that's not the point, a divorce?! Why?!"

"Why are you so upset about this, if I remember correctly, you were the one that cheated on me in the first place!"

Mila took a step back and her voice quietened. "It's not like I was trying to hurt you."

"Oh, please, enlighten me, what exactly were you trying to do when I found you in our bed with your coworker?"

"That's not what we're talking about here." Jimin rolled his eyes as Mila changed the subject. "What about Jiho, how do you think this will affect him?"

"Considering the only thing I'm planning on changing is our marital status, and he's already used to going back and forth between our apartments, I think he'll be fine. We'll just have to give him a little extra attention for a little bit, you know, if you can even spare a second of your precious time for him."

Mila glared at him before stomping towards the door. She stopped and looked back at him. "This isn't over."

***

"Look what I did, Daddy!" Jiho held up a blue piece of paper with cotton balls glued on it as Jimin signed a permission slip for a field trip to the swimming pool next week.

"Wow, that's so cool!"

Biwoo ran up to the pair and gave Jiho a hug. "Bye Jiho, I'll see you at movie night!"

"Wait, what?"

Jiho smiled up at his father. "I invited him to movie night. You said that's what people do so others can come over."

Jimin chuckled. "Yes, but you also have to ask your parents' permission." Jimin explained as Eunsook came up to say goodbye to Jiho.

"What's this I hear about movie night?"

"I invited Biwoo!"

"You did?"

Jiho nodded happily before looking up at Jimin. "Now it's your turn to invite Miss Eunsook."

Jimin and Eunsook both laughed nervously. "I guess I'm inviting you over for movie night tonight."

"And I guess I'm accepting." Eunsook giggled before crouching down to Jiho's height. "I'll see you later." She held her hand up for a high five, which he gladly accepted.

"Let's go, Daddy!" He grabbed Jimin's hand and began to drag him out of the room.

"I'll see you later." He waved at Eunsook and Biwoo, following his impatient son.