Chapter 9

Mitch's POV

I finally make my way out of the water, which is hard considering I love to swim, it just makes me feel so free.

I dry myself and walk to the room, getting lost momentarily, but I find it eventually.

Unlocking the door I find Scott already dressed up in a black classic tux and it takes my breath away.

His hair is styled back neatly and his smile is breathtaking.
I'm so drawn to him that I almost don't notice the Balenciaga suit hanging near him.

“Scott please tell me you didn't” I say pointing to the suit.

“Well I couldn't help myself, it's perfect for you” he says handing it to me and pushing me into the bathroom to get ready before I can argue any further.

“Plus we only have like half an hour before we need to be there” he says as I close the door.

I have a quick shower and blow dry and straighten my bangs.

After about twenty minutes, I take one last look in the full length mirror and can't help but admire the suit on me. It's probably the most expensive thing that I own and it's so beautiful. I don't understand why he would even buy it for me but I know I'll never be able to thank him enough.

I exit the bathroom and see Scott immediately sit up from the bed

“How do I loo-” I'm about the ask when he replies “beautiful”.

I notice that we both made our way closer to each other and are just a few inches apart.

“Thank you so much for the suit Scott, I love it” I say looking up at him.

“It's nothing Mitch, plus it was made for you”

I can't help but blush as we make our way to the event and are immediately greeted by Scott's parents.

“Oh my boys, you'll look dashing, Mitch what a stunning suit” Connie says as she looks at me.

“Yeah it is, Scott brought it for me” I say smiling at him. Connie smiles too and looks at Scott saying “Well my son does have good taste”.

We each grab a glass of champagne and some food from the amazing spread laid out.

Connie and Rick are both called to the stage and I'm left with Scott as people begin to approach us and talk to him.

He seems to notice that I'm uncomfortable and slides his hand into mine to calm me down.

“Don't worry Mitchy, it's just a few people” he whispers in my ear sending shivers down my spine just as someone clears their throat and looks between us.

“Hello Aunt Helen, my parents didn't tell me you would be here this evening” Scott says giving her a short courteous smile.

“Well I decided to show up and see what all the fuss was about, seems like a below average hotel, I don't understand what the big deal is anyway” she said clearly unimpressed, but suddenly something seems to catch her attention as she looks at Scott's hand holding mine.

Just then a teen girl suddenly runs towards Scott hugging him

“Scotty noodle !!” She shouts.

“Laura !” He smiles at her “how's my favorite cousin.”

“Amazing !! I met this cute boy and he asked me out” she says practically jumping up and down, it's adorable.

Just as Scott was about to respond his Aunt cleared her throat and said

“Well Scott, who do we have here ?” She says pointing to me.

I can feel Scott tense but he responds “This is Mitch, he's a friend” he says still holding my hand.

“Oooo just a friend huh” Laura says as she winks at Scott causing us both to blush.

“Don't be ridiculous Laura!” Aunty Helen scolds, “that's disgusting”

I immediately try to let go of Scott's hand but he only holds it tighter. He takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself down and looking directly into her eyes says “I'm sorry you feel that way Aunt Helen, but I don't think there's anything disgusting about it, I think people should be allowed to love whomever they want”

She looks furious and replies “Why does this even concern you Scott, I mean this one over here is obviously gay” she says pointing towards me like I don't even exist “but you aren't”.

Scott suddenly freezes next to me, I squeeze his hand and he looks down at me.

He composes himself and looks back at his Aunt “If Mitch is gay or not, it does not concern you, he is amazing just as he is and it doesn't matter who he decides to love, and secondly I'd prefer you not make assumptions on whom I like either” he says as he continues to hold my hand and walk with me to a quiet corner.

I can't even process what just happened, I always ruin everything.

I suddenly feel his other hand on the small of my back and notice that we are so close together.

“Mitch I'm so sorry, she was way out of line and she had no right to talk about you that way, you're amazing and who you lov-”

“It doesn't matter Scott, she's right anyway, everyone who meets me can tell I'm gay and then they hate me, believe me I'm used to it” I say looking down at my feet, prepared for him to hate me as well.

He seems caught off guard but slowly tilts my chin up so that I'm staring into his eyes.

“Mitch didn't you hear what I just said, it doesn't matter, love is love” he says looking at my eyes.

Before I respond I hug him “Thanks Scotty”.

________________•~•~•~•________________

Author's note

Hey lovelies ❤
I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far, this is the first time I've written fanfiction, so I'm sorry if I'm not that good 🙈. But if you'll like it so far please vote, comment, and share I'd really appreciate it 🤗

Love you all 😘😘