Harsh Training

Rogue slowly rose to her feet, she didn't want to be late for training. She headed over to the willow cave, and peeked in. She was very unsure whether she should head in or not. She decided to sit at the center of the cave and wait for her father.  

Rogue jumped when she heard a thump sound. She looked up, Prince was sitting on a higher rock in the cave, looking like a king. 

"Seems as though you are ready. This training will be intensifying." Prince chuckled lowly. 

"I'm ready." Rogue closed her eyes, and changed her mood into evil. 

Prince jumped down from the rock and circled her, observing her edges and scars. "I know that your powers are modest, but your posture is a weak as a warthog's backside." Prince murmured. Rogue heard a whispering sound and turned away from Prince. 

"Pay attention!" He snapped, kicking Rogue's lower knee. Rogue flinched and listened to Prince.

"We're talking kings and successions, don't let me catch you unaware." Prince warned.

Prince showed Rogue how to posture in for an attack and how to dodge attacks. "I want you to fight me." Prince ordered, walking over to the other side of the cave. Rogue's expression changed to confused. "Even with blood?" Rogue asked. 

"Yes, do you think we fight gently?" Prince asked unhappily. 

Rogue shook her head and positioned herself into a battle bow.  Prince charged towards  her, and she quickly dodged the attack and reared above Prince. He jumped up to her and roughly pulled her back down to the ground, he kicked at her knees which made Rogue fall. Prince then held her down by his hoof.  

"You failed." He muttered bitterly. 

"But, you can defeat any soldier. I'm a bit tougher than a StreamHerd soldier. We'll make plans after dinner." Prince explained. Rogue waked outside the cave, the sun was already setting. Where had the day gone. 

"Wow, the day went fast." Rogue looked back towards Prince. Rogue couldn't turn away from him, she had wild thoughts. Damn, he's so cute. No, stop! He's your father. Prince nodded his head, "It always seems to go fast when you're doing things. Gather the Herd under my heels." Prince ordered, and turned away. 

Rogue gathered the herd under Prince's pride rock, she stood with the other horses. They started to bow when Prince pounced onto his rock and sat at its end. Rogue also bowed, making sure she didn't seem different. 

"My herd, we have came up with a plan to attack StreamHerd, the we will strike down DustHerd, ShadowHerd, and BloodHerd. We will rule the forest." Prince yowled. The horses cheered happily and some reared. 

"Excuse me, Prince sir. What is our Herd called?" Someone asked from the crowd and everyone settled down. Prince looked straight at Rogue. 

"How about DarkHerd?" Someone else called out. 

"No, I like MudHerd." 

"That's stupid I like UnderHerd." The horses started to argue. 

Rogue and Prince kept eye contact. "Silence!" Prince ordered, and the horses quieted down. 

"Our herd will be named.." Rogue blocked out Prince and wandered off into her mind. The she heard it again, that same whisper from before. "No good will come to this." The whisper trailed off, Rogue looked around to see if anyone was fooling her, but they were all cheering and shouting. 

Rogue came back to the realization when everyone was silent. "You can't kill them!" A familiar voice called out. Rogue perked up, it was Apollo. 

Prince glared at him. "Seize him." He ordered his soldiers and two horses headed towards Apollo. 

"No! Father, wait." Rogue whinnied and galloped towards Apollo. 

She stopped next to her friend and whispered in his ear, "You idiot." 

"Rogue, he can't take the depression of killing, so we kill him." Prince nickered sternly. 

"Please, this will never happen again, he's on my side." Rogue begged, finding herself bowing her head. 

"Fine, but only because you're my daughter." Prince swished his tail and left. Rogue and Apollo trotted outside of the sheltered area. "What were you thinking?" Rogue asked annoyed. 

"I do not kill!" Apollo yelled angrily. 

"Don't yell at me! I'm Prince's daughter." Rogue snapped. 

"That doesn't mean anything!" Apollo lashed his tail. 

"I saved your life! I am more powerful than you think." Rogue stomped her hoof. 

"And you know what I am?" Apollo snapped. 

"What?"

"Finished." Apollo turned around and galloped away. Tears fell down Rogue's face as she watched him run away. She actually loved him, she had a secret she kept from her father, Rogue was pregnant with their foal. 

"You can't run away, your foal will find you." Rogue muttered to herself as Apollo went out of sight. 

Rogue trudged back inside the sheltering cave where horses were sleeping and chatting. Prince confronted her, "Hey, where have you been?" 

"Apollo left." Rogue held the tears from Prince. 

"Good, he couldn't do anything anyway." Prince chuckled. 

"But, Prince. I loved him." Rogue confessed and Prince scolded her. 

"Darling, no good comes from love. Anyway, do you like the name of the herd?" Prince asked, looking friendlier. 

 "No, I'm sorry. I have been distracted by something." Rogue looked down, she hoped her father wouldn't become angry. 

"What?" Prince's voice became bitter. 

"A whisper." Rogue squeaked. 

Prince stood shocked, they stood there without words. "Oh, okay. You better get some rest." Prince turned around and trotted away. 

Rogue watched him in confusion. He knew something she didn't. 

Picture 1: Prince (I know I've used it before, but i really like it!)

Picture 2: Apollo