Chapter Two

Walking over to my filing cabinet I skim the name of the other patient's files that I have. Looking for the newest one that I have yet to meet. Pulling out her thin file I close the cabinet before walk back over to my desk. Sitting down I pull forward the chair rolling on the hardwood floor. Opening her file I read over the information that her previous therapist had written down.

Patient arrived here on the 16th of June and her first appointment with therapist was started early on 18th. After first appointment I've come to the conclusion that she needs to be put on stronger medication than the Doctors had originally thought. Won't talk unless spoken to, even then she doesn't talk. If I had to guess on her diagnosis-

Looking up I don't finish the sentence. I don't want someone else's opinion mixing in with my own and possibly changing it. Flipping to the next page I find all of her basic information from height to color of eyes. The next page holds her family contact information. Closing her file I stand up and walk back over to the cabinet. I'd rather meet with her first than just know her by her file. 

Slipping her file into the correct folder I close the filing cabinet softly. Sitting back in my office chair I glaze at the room I've worked in for six years now. The fluorescent lights cast a pale glow making everything appear washed out. Light brown Couches sit parallel to my neat desk. Leaning back in my chair I close my eyes and think about a conversation a coworker of mine started up.

"I heard that you are getting that new patient, you know, the one that everyone's been talking about." Sarah's vivid green eyes alight with experience.
"Yes, she's supposed to be here on Wednesday." I inform her brushing my auburn hair out of my eyes.
"Have you talked to the young one's parents yet?"
"I talked with her mother already."
"I've heard some rumors about why she got sent here." Sarah warned, "From what I've gathered you wouldn't want to be her therapist."
"I'm sure the reason she got sent here isn't as crazy as you think."
"Why don't you just request to have her transferred to someone else in the department? They'd never know and you wouldn't have to deal with her as your patient."
"I don't like that idea. At the very least I could have the first appointment before requesting to transfer." I explain as Sarah folds her thick arms over her chest.
"Darling, are you sure you want this young one as your patient?"
"Yes, Sarah. I'm sure."

The ringing of my office phone brings me back to the present.
"From what I've gathered you wouldn't want to be her therapist." Sarah's words echo through my head as I look over at the black desk phone.
I hesitate, a few rings before I reach for the phone. Upon answering the secretary says, "Mrs. Miller, your four o'clock appointment is here."
"Thank you . . . Send her in." I say before hanging up and standing up out of my chair. Tucking  strand of hair behind my ear I walk the few steps to the door before opening it. A petite teenage girl sits in one of the few chairs upon my door opening she stands up. Slowly she walks over to my office studying me. Closely watched by the nurse I let her into the room closing the door behind her. Her hazel eyes shift around the room stopping at last on the light brown couch. Walking over she sits down tapping her fingers against her thigh.
It could be a compulsive of some kind, I note as I sit down in my chair. Pulling the notepad and pen from my desk I look at my newest patient.
"My name is Mrs. Miller and I am your therapist." I inform her as she stares at me. Maybe I should've done what Sarah suggested. I think as she sits in silence.
"Why don't you tell me how you got here." I suggest clicking my pen.

A/N: If you enjoy this story so far leave a comment or vote. :)