Chapter Three

Lydia found herself now in front of Derek's loft door. Stiles had told her to go to him and tell him about the nemeton. They had discovered only hours before that Lydia had known all along where the parents were being held. Her abilities scared her.

She knocked somewhat heavily and stepped backwards.

The door pulled open to reveal Peter.

The two stared at eachother, his face turned to panic and his thoughts began to race.

'What are you doing out of the hospital. You stubborn girl. Why are you here did you hear what I said last night? Shit.'

"You." She uttered through soft lips.

"Me." He couldn't think straight.

"You." She stared at those bright blue eyes, part of her wanted to slap him hard across the face for what he had done to her and the other part was entranced by how handsome he was.

"Me." He sighed and broke his gaze looking away from her. It gave Lydia a sense of power seeing him back down first.

Peter tried to play this current moment off like it was not a big deal. It was though, he saw the large bruise around her neck, it broke his heart and pissed him off.

He collected himself and looked back up at her; she had a fierce look on her face. It turned him on.

"Derek, we have a visitor." He stepped to the side as she walked past him. The smell of her perfume tickled his nose.

His eyes lingered on her legs and moved upwards. God she was beautiful.

"The nemeton root cellar." She spoke with a cracked voice.

Peter brushed past her and sat down. Derek stood from his seat, "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely, I have been drawing trees for the last two months and I thought nothing of them and then Stiles saw them and flipped it upside down and it was actually roots."

"We don't know where it is." Peter said.

"You don't know where it is, but Stiles' said you'd been there." She looked sharply at Peter.

His hand came to his chin and grazed against the stubble, "We have." He sighed trying to fight the urge to blow up at her for being out of the hospital.

"But after a few memorable experiences there, Talia, Derek's mother and my older sister decided that she didn't want us going back." He rubbed his hands together and looked up at his damaged doll.

Lydia was a little shocked at the revelation that Peter so easily stated facts about his family life. Usually if it had been anyone else he would have answered it in a riddle.

"She knew how dangerous it was and took the memory of its location from us." He tried not to stare at her neck. He wanted to kiss it and lick the bruising.

"But then how are we supposed to find it..." Lydia was scared that she would not be able to get to the parents in time.

Peter shook his head and looked away to the floor.

Lydia grew upset and walked out silently cursing herself for thinking this was a good idea.

Derek went back to doting on Cora, while Peter decided he should chase after Lydia and make sure she was okay.

-------------

She was about to walk out of the building, he wanted to grab her but he knew that would only scare her more than she already was. "Lydia, wait."

She stopped and turned.

"What do you want, do you remember something?" She was desperate for information and if she could get anything useful from him she would indulge his company for awhile longer.

"No, I wanted to make sure you were okay." He gestured to his own neck.

Lydia stood tall and confident, "I am fine. I have survived much worse." This comment was supposed to be a jab at Peter but instead he took it as a compliment.

"I'm sorry we were not much help." He tried to be sympathetic.

"Yeah, sure." Lydia turned her back to him and began to walk away but she turned back to face him,

"Why exactly did you want to make sure I was okay, it is not like you actually care about me, I mean you put me in the hospital and turned me insane. I still have nightmares because of you." She stepped towards with him an accusing finger.

"My life is-" Lydia was interrupted by Peter, "better, because of me. You know what you are now; your eyes are opened to a whole new world. You can not stand there accusing me of anything. I told you the truth when no one else would. I helped awaken the power inside of you."

"You ruined my life..." She whispered.

"Did I Lydia? Can you really say I did?" He stepped closer to her ducking his head down looking up at her face.

Her hand felt heavy and it burned with heat. She quickly raised it to slap him across the face but Peter's instincts kicked in and caught her hand. "Ah-ah."

"It wasn't a dream was it? Last night you came to see me when I was asleep in the hospital."

"I did." He kissed her heated fist.

"You said I was yours..." Green eyes lingered at his lips on her fist.

"You are." He released his grip on her hand as she retracted it back to her body.

"No I'm not." She edged backwards.

"Yes you are Lydia, MY Lydia. From the moment I bit you on that lacrosse field you were mine and you will always be mine. I wanted to turn you, but then you are immune and a Banshee. You are the ultimate mate an Alpha could have." He stepped to her.

"You are not an Alpha anymore and I am not your mate." She looked downwards at her feet.

"Lydia, I have always been the Alpha, regardless of what color my eyes are. You know it's true just like you know it's true that you are mine. So look at me and tell me again that you are not mine." He had a wicked smile on his face.

She looked up at his bright blue eyes, "I am... I... am not yours." She turned her back on him and walked to her car.

She had just opened the car door when he slammed it shut. She shut her eyes and trembled with fear.

"Leave me alone."

"Lydia, please open your eyes. You know I won't hurt you." He cupped her face.

Slowly she opened her eyes and focused on his. His eyes told the truth, he did care for her she could see that. "I'm sorry if I scared you. I didn't mean to. I love you Lydia, cant you see that?" He smiled down at her.

"You love me?" Her eyes desperately searched his seeking the honest truth. Could she believe him, was it true or just another lie?

"I do and I am sorry if the way I come off is aggressive and possessive. I am a wolf, Lydia, those are natural behaviors, but I do love you and I am trying to get you to realize that."

"But I don't love you."

"Yes you do, stop lying to yourself. Look past the bad things I have done to you and look at what they really are. Without you, I would still be buried under that god forsaken house. Without me, you would still be left in the dark about the supernatural world and not know you are a key piece in it. We are meant for each other Lydia. Please accept that in your heart."

Her phone began to ring in her purse, it was Stiles' ringtone. "I have to go."

He stepped back from her and her car as she answered her phone. Stiles was asking her to come to Deaton's vet clinic.

She drove off leaving Peter standing there.

He went back inside to fulfill his plans of manipulating Derek into healing Cora and giving up his Alpha powers.