Chapter A

For sale - human rights: just 18 years and they're yours!

--

Being eternal sucks. If I were a 15 year old girl, I would kill myself to end my misery. However I am not - I am eternal, therefor I cannot kill myself and must keep being for the whole of eternity. It is quite boring, sitting in a house alone all day, and I could probably go out and have some fun. But eventually that fun will be over and the eternity will stay, and I will be back in the same situation with finite time behind me and infinite time ahead. I could master every art in the world, but then I would have an eternity to be and no more skills I could potentially acquire. I could meet some new friends, but soon enough they will die, and I will be sad for a while, but then I'll forget and wonder if I should, once again, get some new friends. So that doesn't seem like a reasonable thing to do. I could plan out the next 10 - hell, 20 - hell, 50 - hell, million years of my existence, but after all those years I will still be here, or there, or anywhere really, with an endless future ahead of me. I could try to reach the end of the universe, but once I got there, and had to exist on, wouldn't that be even more depressing?
So I sit here, knowing it will never be over, bored and miserable, yet also knowing full well I will not and have no reason to get up. Ever.

On the other hand, I don't grow old and sag and die like you idiots.