Chapter 2: Shit Hits The Fan

Hannah's POV:
We sat around our grand dining room table and about to eat shrimp pasta alfredo made by yours truly. I've been the cook around here since I was 13. Mom and Dad had always been out of the house due to business, and someone had to cook a homemade meal every once in a while. The boys, however, could live off of take-out for the rest of their lives and not pile up dishes for me to wash every day. I don't care about washing dishes, really. I just want us to all have meals together as a family at our dinner table. Not like we usually have dinner, separated by walls and locked doors.
"So, will Victoria be joining us for dinner, Alex?" I prompted, smiling sweetly. "Don't worry about it, shithead. She comes over when I want her to come over. Mind your own business." Alex replies with a snarky attitude. I took a deep breath, and let out a heavy sigh.
"Hey, don't be an asshole to Hannah. She's our sister. Not me. Not Kyle. Never talk to her like that, Alex. " Ben stood up for me.
"It's fine, Ben," I said, remaining calm, with a small smile on my face. Ben doesn't understand Alex like I do. I know why he says things the way he does, why he acts the way he does, and why he does what he does. It all goes back to our childhood, but Ben wouldn't remember or understand.
"Yeah, Benny boy. 'It's fine'." Alex said, mocking my tone while adding a little snicker at the end. I shook my head but kept eating.
Alex wiped off his mouth with the back of his hand as he finished the pasta. "Later losers, I'm hitting up the movies," he said while a smirk flashed across his face.

I sigh softly as I shake my head, god knows what he would be doing at the movies and who he'd be doing it with. Even though he had Victoria. "What the hell was that Hannah?" Ben puffed. "Don't worry about it Ben alright? That's how he always is so I don't see why it's a problem now?" I question while picking up my silver plate and washing all the Alfredo sauce off of it. Ben gets up from his chair, setting down his plate beside the sink and shakes his head. "That doesn't mean he can continue to treat us both like shit Hannah!" "Ben it's really nothing to worry about! Now can you please just help me clean?!" I snap. He sighed and bit his lip gently as he gave in, muttering a "fine". "Thank you," I said, and made my way over to the couch. I was surprised to see Victoria opening the front door. "Sorry, Alex told me where you guys hid the spare key the other day, but where is he?" "U-um-." I cut myself off as I pondered for a minute. What should I say? I couldn't just sit there for too long or she would be suspicious. Hell, I didn't know what he was really doing either but I couldn't rat him out, not today of all days anyway. "Alex went to go visit Grandma Anderson in the hospital. She's very sick." Victoria gave me a small frown but then nodded. "I'm sorry, I hope she feels better, but um, just tell him to give me a call?" I nodded and gave her a fake smile. "Sure." I stood up and engulfed Victoria in a hug. "Don't worry, I'll make sure he calls you right when he gets back, I promise." I smile. She nods and pulls away. "Thanks, Hannah, it means a lot." She gave me back a small smile before she headed back out. I decided to go back up to my room and listen to my favorite band Panic! At the disco.

~Later on that night~

My eyes flew open as I heard a loud crash coming from outside. "What the hell was that?" I whispered and quickly climbed out of bed, running outside to see and drunk and possibly high Alex on the ground. "Fuck, that hurt!" He slurred and looked up at me with his slightly reddened eyes. I groaned. "Really?! You couldn't just stay home and make this easier for me for one night?! I'm always taking care of you!" He shot me a mean glare and tried gripping the railing. "I don't need anyone taking care of me, I can take care of myself!" He growled and slipped again while trying to pick himself up. "Obviously you do!" I said, with a bit of attitude, then shouted for Ben. "What?!" He rolled his eyes, making his way outside too. "This is what." I pointed to Alex still on the ground. Ben laughed to himself, shaking his head and helped Alex up. "Come on, let's get you to your room." He whispered as we both helped him walk. "No, no, no." He muttered, drunkenly. "No, what?" I looked up at him, while we dragged him inside. It was a bit difficult, but I knew it would be way more difficult without Ben's help. "You guys can just leave me on the couch." He muttered. "I hate my room." Ben laughed again. "Why?" I glared at Ben. "No reason," I said for Alex, as we both laid him down on the black leather couch.