5 / on with the plan

Sandra ground the toe of her boot against the sidewalk in annoyance, her back leaned against the brick wall of a small cafe. People mulled past her, all eager to get somewhere or another. She kept her head down, but her eyes up, searching for Oliver. He was supposed to be here, by now.

A break in the crowd brought her gaze up the street, where she saw Oliver skirting around the flow of traffic. He had two dufflebags in his possession, one thrown over his shoulder and one in his hand.

"You took your time," she said. It wasn't anger in her words, but anticipation. If they wanted this thing to work out, then Oliver had to improve upon his time management.

Oliver gave her a tired look. "Yeah, there was a complication. My mom hired me a bodyguard."

Despite herself, Sandra chuckled. A bodyguard would definitely complicate things, but the thought of Oliver having a babysitter amused her. "How'd you get rid of him?"

Oliver waved it off, gesturing for her to follow him down the street. "I, uh, jumped out of the car. Now, are you ready?"

"I would hope so, seeing that I've been standing here for the past fifteen minutes," she said, bending down to grab her own dufflebag off the sidewalk.

Oliver rolled his eyes. "Truly hilarious, Sandra."

"I try."

The two of them might have been the most talked about pair in the city, but they found a way to slip into the crowd without much confrontation. Hiding it plain sight was one of the many things they head learned over the years. Oliver lead her around corners and through alleyways, taking sparsely-populated routes in the direction of something he'd had in mind for a while, now. After walking for a few minutes, he came to a stop in front of a fence surrounding an old factory. Sandra glanced up to see Robert Queen's name plastered over the condemned building. Without another word, Oliver tossed his bags over the fence.

"I hope this is what you had in mind," she said to him.

"It will be," Oliver promised, before bending down and clasping his hands together, looking up at her expectantly.

Sandra rolled her eyes, making a side comment about him being such a gentlemen, but placed her heeled boot in his hands. He tossed her up into the air, the action almost effortless, and she flipped over the fence, landing in a crouched position right in front of their bags. Oliver was right behind her, getting a running start and vaulting over a pile of crates to get to the other side. Sandra picks up her things, before heading towards the dilapidated factory.

➸➸➸

It took a few hours of labor and stubborn determination, but soon, they had the Foundry - a base of operations for their crusade. It was hidden in the sublevel of the old Queen factory, and they'd pulled five or so tables together to create a center. One table had a group of military-grade computers, another stacked with a handful of weapons belonging to each of them. Oliver had even scraped together an area to create the two things they'd be needing the most: arrowheads and throwing stars.

Once they were satisfied with their work, they started training. At first it started as some innocent target practice, but that quickly transpired into sparring with each other.

"Again," Sandra demanded between pants. Sweat trickled down her face, but she could hardly feel it. They had been at it for a while now, but she refused to relent, at least not yet.