Prologue: Save Me

Four Months Ago

You push open the doors of the school, walking aimlessly through the halls in the general direction of your locker.
It's the end of the year and break is almost here; you just have to get through a few more days.
You're a second year student, eager for your final year of high school next year, but first you have to finish this semester.
Just another normal day at your normal high school with all of these normal students who are...
Wait.
Why are they all looking at you?
As you pass, a group of girls in the hallway stare you down with wide, sober eyes and deep frowns. A boy from your math class shakes his head and tsks; at the same time, a group of the rougher boys sneer at you.
One of them, whose name is Taehyung, laughs and curls his lip at you as he says, "Good job, Y/N."
Good job?
What did you do?
Confused as heck, you hurry to your locker and tear it open, wanting to get to your classroom and away from all of these judging stares as quickly as possible.
Just as you get all of your books out and close the locker door, a rough hand collides with your back and sends you reeling into the cold, hard metal.
Your head smacks the hard surface with resounding pain, making you yelp. Before you can turn around or even fully register the pain, an pair of hands grips you by the shoulders and spins you around, slamming you harshly into the lockers a second time.
Holy crap.
With a mascara-covered tear-stained face and a wild look in her heavily lined eyes, the queen of your school,Lee Mina, bares her pearly white teeth at you in a snarl.
"Yah, Choi Y/N!" she cries. "You're dead!"
Huh?
"What?" you stutter. "Why?!"
You've never talked to Mina in your life, nor had any interaction with her. She's higher up in the popularity ranking of this school than you ever could dream of being. You don't know what on this wide earth you could've done to piss her off to this extent; in fact, you don't know what you could've done to piss her off at all.
"You ruined everything," she sobs, fisting her hands in the front of your shirt. "You little whore!"
Hold the heck up.
Whore?
That's kind of impossible, considering you're a virgin who hasn't been kissed. You haven't even been asked out yet!
"This must be some kind of misunderstanding," you murmur, trying to use a soothing voice so maybe the crazy girl will calm down a little.
ThAt was a mistake.
Mina goes insane, grabbing two fistfuls of your hair and flailing around, doing her utmost best to injure you as much as possible.
"Ah-OW! Why are you doing this?" you holler as the two of you struggle around the hallway. There's a crowd watching now, among them the group of mean boys from earlier and Mina's friends.
A guy named Yoongi laughs when Mina kicks one of your legs out from under you and it takes you to the ground. Then the queen bee of your school stands over you, one hand gripping your hair and the other out for balance, and kicks you in the gut.
Hard.
The pain forces tears out of your eyes and you let out a cry of agony, curling into yourself defensively. Mina rears back and kicks you again, then again, and a third time before lifting up your head to sneer at you.
It hurst so much that you can barely open your eyes.
You're crying silently, confused and scared.
What did you do?
"This is what you had coming, slut," Mina growls through tears of her own. "You just try sleeping with my boyfriend again."
WHAT?!
When did you do that? Mina's boyfriend, Oh Sehun, is the one person that you've interacted even less with in this school than Mina.
You can't recall the last time you talked to him, much less slept with him
You try to tell her that, spluttering out, "But I didn't-"
Smack!
Her palm slaps across your face with so much force that you're dizzy. She releases your hair, allowing you to slump weakly all the way to the floor.
As you lay there with the cold tile underneath you, you can't help but wonder.
How did this happen?
You don't understand.
"Watch out, whore," Mina hisses as the crowd in the background cheers and laughs. "You're never going to be safe in this school again."

Dedicated to eommatrash for being my first Kpop buddy ❤️❤️

Also, this very may well end up on hold, but I, not sure because I haven't gotten stuck so far.
I'm just warning you of the possibility.
This is a high school bully au where BTS are probably more violent than they are in real life. If you're uncomfortable with minor violent scenes, I wouldn't keep reading.
I'm publishing it because I can't stand to stare at a story that has five finished drafts but isn't published, so here it is.
❤️pocketbangtan