Chapter 1: Apprenticed at last

"Ripplekit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you obtain your warrior name, you will be known as Ripplepaw. Your mentor will be Turtlefall. I expect Turtlefall passes down all of her knowledge to you."

Quailstar's amber gaze locked onto the fluffy, slate grey shecat standing ecstatically below her. The feline's large, fluffy tail was swaying excitedly, and her tufted ears were perked with joy. Ripplekit grinned widely, her emerald green eyes gleaming. Quailstar smiled hastily in return before shifting her gaze towards Turtlefall. Who was situated with her feathery tail coiled around her miniature paws.

"Turtlefall," Quailstar began.

"You are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Sedgefang, and you have shown yourself to be belligerent and humble. You will be the mentor of Ripplepaw, and I expect you to pass down all of your knowledge to her."

Turtlefall nodded, ambling gracefully towards her new apprentice.

Ripplepaw gave a tiny bounce before taking a long leap towards her new mentor. She landed clumsily, but quickly scrambled to her paws.

Turtlefall smiled with amusement at Ripplepaw's actions, lowering her muzzle to meet the fidgety apprentice's pink nose.

As soon as Turtlefall elevated her head, a majority of the group of felines lifted their muzzles toward the cloud spotted sky and chanted Ripplepaw's name.

Ripplepaw's gaze traveled from cat to cat, observing their emotions.

She smiled. The greatest smile you would ever witness. Ripplepaw was an apprentice. And she knew that she would be the best apprentice Pondclan had ever seen.