01

It's funny how they tell you to treat people how you want to be treated. I don't believe in that. Their Bitterness fueled the kindness I gave to everybody I met, The kindness that was never returned. Somehow, there's still a glimmer of hope that it'll be returned. Even though that little glimmer is crushed by a long string of cuss words that would make even the Devil cry.

"Kasey, Why aren't you eating?", My possibly only real friend, Maria, asked me.

"I don't know. Contemplating life." I answered back

"We're eating croutons that you begged me to get from the store," Her blue eyes stared directly into my darker brown eyes. "They're your favorite. Either your sick or these are the worst croutons to ever exist."

Yeah my only friend. The only one who's stuck with me since forever. The only person who's seen everything, and understands yet doesn't pity me. We're kind of like two superheroes, and without the other one everything doesn't seem to go right. In this case, that only happens to me. She's got tons of friends, and if I weren't here, She'd thrive.

"Kasey, I know you're not ignoring me." She laid across my lap as she continued to talk, "We could watch one of your crime shows. I know NCIS' new season just started. I know you're excited, you can't hide it."

I cracked a smile."I forgot. You don't even watch it and you knew. What am I doing with my life?"

"Kasey, did you take your meds this morning?" Her smile faded as she asked me that question.

My smile had been lost as well. I don't remember. Maybe I took it, and maybe I haven't taken it in days.

"You didn't did you?"

I looked up to see her face squished together into a face that I should be getting from my mom if I were to get a bad mark on a test. 'I'm not mad I'm
Disappointed.' I could see that sentence falling from her lips as she left the dorm and slammed the door, proving that she was indeed mad and said she wasn't for my sake.

"Kasey, It's okay to tell me. I pinky promise." She held out her pinky, giving me a hopeful look, "You just have to promise to take it tomorrow."

I wrapped my dark brown pinky around hers.

"Good. Well I've got to go study for an exam. Please don't forget to take them." Her eyes pleaded with mine one last time before she turned away and left.

Now I'm alone again. Not a forever thing, but for now, I wait.