Just another short story

I can't do this anymore. This life has ruined me, all the bright sparks of life that once resided inside me have vanished, along with all of the pieces of my soul. My life is a perfect graveyard for broken, damaged, and yet hopeful dreams. I have given my whole life away, all my love gone to people who have love to spare by the thousands. I gave all my oxygen to people who could breathe. I have saved others, when I should have been saving myself. But it is too late, to late for me. I cannot be saved, I am too far gone. No one will care anyway, when I am gone. All my love is spent, and I am broken inside, all that love spent on people who left me as quickly as the wind changes. All the knives and swords have gone, but I am still left with the scars, both emotional and physical. I trusted people who had thorns, instead of hearts. I left my heart open, but it stayed put, in its cage, with blades and daggers taunting it from afar. All those who loved me, just left me on the shelf, thinking it would protect me. It did not however, all the cuts and bruises just got dusty with time. I wash the pain away, taking the sting away, replacing it with a new, more bearable one. All that pain, though can never be washed away just dulled with time. And then it becomes a dull thud, like a heartbeat, and as constant as one. And, like a heartbeat, the only way it can be stopped is with death. With death comes peace, and harmony. With death comes life. That may sound contradictory, but if you were in my place, you would see the truth in it. With death, comes life. With death comes freedom, the freedom of others. With no one to hold them down, they just float into oblivion, into the abyss that is death. Where you can finally take a breath, a real breath. And with that last sentence, I take my first breath, and float into the abyss.