Chapter 62

Luke's POV

As hoped Tyler and I were roommates in Sweden. Our first game was later tonight again Switzerland. We were in a pool with them, Russia, Slovakia and Sweden. I was glad that we weren't in the same pool as Canada because it would mean that we would definitely play them once.

Both of us were in the process of preparing for our pregame nap but I was slightly nervous and wasn't sure how well I was going to be able to sleep.

"It's going to be so cool to play here," Tyler said.

"I know, I can't wait to get onto the ice."

We had played a couple of pre-tournament games that had gone well and we seemed to play well but it was completely different to play in the actual tournament. I climbed into bed and made sure that I had set my alarm.

Much to my surprise I fell asleep easily and I didn't wake until my alarm went off. Tyler was still asleep so I woke him as well and we started to prepare for our game. The time flew by before the game and before too long I was sitting in my stall about to start to get ready and change.

I had a couple of final messages from friends but ignored all of them in favour of getting for the game. I slowly changed into my gear and taped my stick. Warm ups were done in a flash and soon we were listening to the National Anthems.

I don't know how it happened but I was the first line centre. It meant that I was starting the game on the ice and so was Tyler. I smiled at him as we skated into position for the period to start.

"Kill it," he said simply and I nodded.

My confidence was helped by the fact that I won the first face off. The game was fast passed but it was a lot of fun to be out here play. We won the game 7-0 and I had two goals and an assist.

It meant that I had to face the media. I had got to used it playing in Flint since I was doing more and more interviews but this was even more than I was used to. I put on a smile and answered all the questions but I was glad to get out once it was done.

The guys were still in the locker room and everyone was still talking about the game. We were all starving so someone offered their room and we all headed there and someone grabbed food.

The food was dumped on the floor and we all sat around in a circle.

"Game one done guys," Drew said.

We all nodded as we started to eat. Switzerland was going to be the easiest game and we were hopeful that we could win the rest of them in pool play as well. I knew that Canada won their first game yesterday as well.

"You did well young Crosby," Drew said to me.

"Thanks," I said softly.

"You make a really good player and centre. You are really good for this team," he continued.

I blushed slightly and he smiled. Once the food was gone a lot of the players headed out, a lot of them to go spent time with family because a lot of families came over.

"I'll see you in our room later. I'm going to see my family," Tyler said softly.

"Ok."

He disappeared as well and I moved off the floor to stretching out on Drew's bed. I knew that I had a couple of new bruises from the game but other than them I wasn't too sore.

"Don't have family here?" Drew asked.

He and I were the only ones left in the room because it is his and Jack's room and everyone, including Jack, had left.

"No, I'm an only child and I don't really talk to either of my parents. What about you?" I said simply.

"Mine aren't here. They came last year and I said that they didn't have come this time. How come you don't talk to your parents?"

"It's a long story. I only just met my Dad so I talk to him once in a while. My Mom and I had a few arguments before I left for Flint and we haven't really resolved it yet."

He nodded and we stopped talking about my family and started talking about other things. I hadn't really got to talk to him a whole lot during our training camp but I found he was easy to talk to and I found the time flying by.

"I should probably go back to my room," I said simply.

He nodded and I grabbed my jacket from on the floor.

"Be ready for tomorrow," he said and I nodded.

Tyler wasn't back yet so our hotel room was silent. Since it was almost midnight I knew that he would be back since we had a midnight curfew. Coach was pretty loose since he knew that we were pretty responsible but he did enforce curfew. Our game had finished around eight so we had had plenty of time anyway.

I had a couple of messages from my friends who had seen either the score or the game. I calculated the time in Pittsburgh and realised that it wasn't that late so I opened Skype and was pleased to see Jamie was active.

I smiled when his and Alex's faces popped up on the screen.

"Congrats," Alex smiled.

"Thanks, I don't have long to talk because Tyler is probably going to come in," I said.

They nodded and we started to talk. It was nice to talk to them again because it made the whole situation feel normal and I could forget that I was in Sweden for World Juniors. I think that we were talking for about ten minutes when the door opened and Tyler came in.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt," he said quickly.

"Oh, it doesn't matter. I should go to bed anyway," I said.

He nodded and I said my final goodbye to my two friends before closing my laptop and putting it on the table.

"How was your family?" I asked.

"Good, it was good to talk to them but I really need to sleep now," he said.

I nodded and crawled into bed myself. We don't have a game tomorrow but I know that Coach will be working us hard so I needed to sleep and once I closed my eyes it found me easily.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Comment and Vote

The Wise One