Hailee and Anna and Brittany (ii)

More little Hailee, requested by Awesometiff. This is pre-Lost Inside.

(New): Someone requested by itwxsntme gets a mention here.

Time frame: Before Prologue

-

Hailee looked at her Mama and Mommy. She was sitting at the table, watching both women cook. She grabbed her color and started to scribble on her Scooby Doo coloring book.

She had been with them for a few months and already saw them as her mothers. She was able to let go, able to get lost in her mind.

There had been a few hiccups, mostly with punishments, but she was getting better.

-

First Incident

Hailee hadn't been with Anna and Brittany for long. She was still getting used to not being hit every second of every day. She was still getting used to having three meals a day. She was still getting used to sleeping on an actual bed.

The first tell Anna and Brittany got about Hailee's need to regress was her teddy bear. Hailee named her stuffed bear Mr. Wiggleton, and Mr. Wiggleton was always with Hailee and where she went.

So the first incident involved Mr. Wiggleton.

The stuffed bear had gotten dirty and Brittany and put it in the wash. It was still drying when it was Hailee's bedtime (the girl had many nightmares throughout the night so they got Hailee to sleep earlier so she could be well rested come morning and have her eight hours even with the nightmares).

Hailee couldn't sleep without Mr. Wiggleton.

Hailee was laying on the bed, the two women tucking her in.

"Wh-where's Mr. Wiggleton?" Hailee asked, pulling her blanket closer to her face.

"He's drying up. He'll be ready to see you in the morning."

"B-but I n-need him," Hailee said in a small voice.

"He's still wet, Hails," Brittany said, rubbing the girl's arm.

"N-no! I need Mr. Wiggleton!" The girl bit her lip, trying to keep from crying.

"Hailee, you need to calm down, please," Anna pleaded, her own eyes connecting with Hailee's.

"Mr. Wiggleton protects me, p'ease," Hailee muttered, shaking her head.

Anna shook her head. "We can't get him dry fast enough. Do you want to sleep in our room?"

"No! Want Me. Wiggleton!" Hailee shouted, sitting up and pushing Anna.

No one moved. Anna and Brittany stared at Hailee in shock, while the young girl stared at her own trembling hands.

"Hai-"

"I'm sorry!" Hailee exclaimed, pressed her hands hard against her eyes. "Sorry. Sorry. Sowwy. Sowwy."

Anna raised her hands, her palms facing Hailee. "I'm not going to hurt you. But if you want, you can sleep with us. We aren't mad, okay?"

Hailee nodded, still crying. Brittany lead Hailee to their bedroom, where the two adults cuddled the girl.

The next morning, Hailee reunited with Mr. Wiggleton. Neither Anna or Brittany could get ride of Hailee's voice squeaking "Wiggy!"

-