[pt. 2] (11: B.A.) The Great Reunion

"And this... Is STAR Labs. Cool right?" Barry introduced with a big smile on his face, he was showing you around where he works as The Flash. His attempts of persuading you failed, everytime. You shook your head, trying to hide your smile.

"Barry..."

"No, wait... Don't say anything. Just take it in first, wait til the end of the day for your answer. Okay? Just wait." Barry took your hands, pulling a puppy-dog look on his face. You stared into his eyes, somehow his face making you agree.

"Fine. I'll wait." He smiled wide, dragging you to meet the others.

"Team Flash, this is (Y/N). She is a meta, like me."

A boy and a girl walk over, a smile on their face. Barry pointed to the boy, "That is Cisco Ramon, he is our genius mechanical engineer. He created my suit and he creates extremely cool gadgets that can stop metas." Cisco extended his hand, a smile on his face.

"Pleasure to meet you madame." He kissed the top of your hand and you lightly grimaced but forced a smile on your face. A flirty genius mechanical engineer, I think you mean Barry. I shook my head at the thought and turned to the girl.

She extended her hand, "Caitlin Snow, I'm the doctor here." She smiled sweetly, she seemed like a sweet person.

"Nice to meet you both. So how did you meet Barry?" You asked, trying to make small talk.

"He was in a coma for nine months, and we brought him here to do tests and keep him stable til he recovered or if he recovered, we weren't sure if he was going to wake up." Caitlin nodded.

"The hospital couldn't handle his seizures... He caused lots of electricity issues." Cisco chimed in, winking in your direction. Was that some low-key innuendo or something?, you looked over to Barry who clenched his jaw and was staring down Cisco. I suppose it was.

Caitlin noticed your discomfort and dragged you away from the boys.

"Thank you for saving me... Cisco is quite... The flirt isn't he?" You asked.

"He can be. So how did you meet Barry?"

"We've known each other for a long time... Way back to high school. We just recently bumped into each other... Actually he was chasing me."

"Chasing you?"

"Yeah, I can run extremely fast. Like Barry."

Caitlin smiled, "Now I see why Barry brought you here. He's trying to get you on our team."

You nodded your head laughing, "And he's failing. He's been trying for a week now."

"Why won't you?" She asked, sitting on the step. You joined her, sighing loudly.

"It's complicated, also kind of a long story."

"Well, we've got time."

You watched Caitlin as she got herself situated on the step, looking comfortable.

"Okay. Well in middle school, I was bullied because of the interests I had. Superheros, comics, books, etcetera. So I fought back, verbally not physically. I made them cry, they never bothered me again. Of course as I got older, the bullying intensified. I always had to stick up for myself, I was only ever looking out for myself. Then Barry came along in high school, and he stuck up for me so I didn't have to. He's the type of person that always saves people, I'm not. I only save myself. I'm not cut out for the superhero stuff... Never was, never will be."

"Sure you stuck up for yourself, but when you stick up for yourself you encourage others to do the same. So you don't save others... But you help them save themselves. That sounds like some superhero work to me." Caitlin smiled, patting your arm. She stood up and left you to think. Maybe she was right, maybe I was the superhero this whole time but just found a way to 'save' people in a different way.

Barry poked his head out, Cisco following. Barry pushed Cisco's head away from the door frame stepping out. He smiled at Caitlin, she returned the gesture, grabbing Cisco before he went after Barry. Barry stuck his hands in his pockets and slowly walked towards you.

"So..." Barry started, before you cut him off.

"Follow me. I wanna show you something." You smiled and ran off, Barry close behind you. You ran through the streets, the wind hitting your skin. You felt alive, and free, like nothing was holding you back. You've always loved that feeling.

You stopped, Barry stumbling behind you. You pushed open the doors to the roof, Central City lit before you.

"Whoa," Barry breathed, starstruck.

"Beautiful isn't it? The best time is to watch the sun set..." You took a seat, nodding your head for Barry to sit next to you. He did, as you grabbed two beers.

"So Barry," you looked out to the city, knowing he was watching you. "I've been thinking, and actually Caitlin helped... Maybe I can give this superhero thing a try." You looked at Barry who was trying to hold back a smile.

"Tha-That would be perfect," he gave in and smiled wide. "Welcome to team Flash." He raised his beer, and you did the same, the glasses coming into contact with one another. You took a swig, feeling Barry's eyes focused on you. You smiled, leaning back and watching the sun set over the Central City horizon.

---

Wow this has been half-written for awhile now... It felt really good to finish writing this btw 😂😂

If anyone has a Grant Gustin imagine idea, please let me know because I have no idea what to write for one.

Hope you enjoyed.
-bella