46

Caroline's POV

I was now shopping with Bekah and talking about her and Stefan.

"But did you find out if Stefan is just taking me as a friend or more?" She asked.

"He didn't gave an exact answer because he is still dealing with the Elena situation but he did said that he remembers that even without humanity, he cared about you when you two were together so he is trying to see how things evolve... He is taking things slow."

"Taking things slow... Of course..."

"Why are you reacting like if it's a bad thing?" I asked confused.

"Because taking things slow just means that he is still in love with the doppelgänger and that I am going to be the rebound girl. The rebound girl has always na expiration date."

"Stefan wouldn't do that. I think that he is trying to take things slow because he cares about you. If he took things faster, you could be the rebound girl, but by taking slowly, Stefan is just giving himself time to be ready to be in a relationship." I said.

"Maybe..."

"Yeah. And besides, if he hurt you in any way he has to deal with a person that no one wants to see angry... and Klaus." I said and she laughed.

"Okay. Let's go now to that store." Rebekah said and we bought a few things.

Klaus's POV

I texted my siblings saying that I wanted them staying the night out so I could be alone with Caroline.

I received now a text from Rebekah saying that Caroline was on her way home, so I went to verify that everything was okay and according to plan.

Caroline's POV

Rebekah left me at the door and drove to the Grill because apparently she had something to attend to. I thought that all that was very weird but I decided to not question her.

I opened the door and saw rose petals that were guiding me in direction to the living/dinning room, where I saw a suited Klaus and a table that was beautifully decorated.

"What's all this?"

"This is my way to compensate the time that we have been interrupted by my annoying siblings, love. Do you like it?"

"I love it. But you didn't had to go to all this trouble..."

"It was no trouble." He said then moved the chair so I would seat. "I hope you're hungry, love."

After I seat down, he seat in his chair and called someone, making a young woman and a man appear quickly and serve us champagne and the plates that looked delicious.

"Hope you like." The young woman said and left along with the man.

"Who are they?"

"Old acquaintances... nothing more."

"Oh, okay..."

***

"... so I gave my sister the knight made of the white oak tree and stayed the night right next to her so she would be less scared." He said, finishing one of his stories about his life before turning.

"Rebekah is very luck to have you in her life." I said while resting my hand above his and quickly he hold my hand, then look at me and kissed me.

He had no intentions of having sex, it was a kiss just because he wanted to kiss me and nothing more. I loved how he sometimes kissed me just because and had no intentions of kissing me just for sex, like guys used to do.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked

"I'd love to." I said and quickly he put something on and we danced in the middle of the living room, enjoying the moment.

"What are you thinking, love?" He asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Just that I'm the luckiest woman that ever lived and how that is all thanks to you. You made me see things in another perspective and you were the first one to see the real me... I love you so much, Niklaus Mikaelson." I said and he kissed me passionately.

"I love you, Caroline Forbes." He said and we kissed again.