Part 1, Chapter 6

Ichigo and bob couldn't speak. "What just happened?" Mink asked. "You have been given the special gift, mink." Mint said. Mink jumped back when she found out who spoke. "What?" Mink said not sure what else to say. "What is it, mink?" Ichigo asked. Mink looked at him. "Mint, just spoke." She said. Mint bowed her head to Ichigo so he would know that she did. "What did she say?" Ichigo asked. "One second. Mint, how do I get out of this?" mink asked. "All you have to do is touch the jewel." Mint said. Mink touched the jewel that was in the middle of her dress and was now back in her own clothes. Ichigo looked at mint then back to mink. "What did she say, mink?" Ichigo asked again. "She said this jewel is called the special gift." Mink said as she looked at the jewel. No one said a word as they thought about what was happening. "Mink, I need all of you to follow me now." Mint said. Mink looked at her before speaking. "Let's go guys. Mint wants us to follow her." Mink said. "Why?" bob asked. "I don't know but I think we should." Mink said.

Ichigo went over to Mink to help her stand when he noticed something. "Mink, try to stand," Ichigo said. Mink did as he asked and got up without any trouble. "Your leg, it's healed," Ichigo said smiling. Mink looked down at her feet as she moved around a little. "Come on, we have to go now," Mint said. "Okay, we're coming, Mint," Mink said turning to her. They followed Mint to a cave and went in. Mink sat down as Ichigo looked out. "It will be dark soon so Bob let's find some food," Ichigo said. "Okay. We'll be back soon, mink." Bob said walking out with Ichigo. Mink and Mint watched as they left. "Mint, how can I hear you talk?" Mink asked. "It's the power of the gift; it also can do more too," Mint said. "What else can it do?" Mink asked as she looked at the jewel. "It is said that you can fly, fight well, and many other things with it but it is up to the person who has been given the gift what else it can do," Mint said. "How do you know about it?" Mink asked. "My mom told me about it and that's why that beast killed her; it is also looking for me too," Mint said looking down. Mink looked up. "What's the beast?" Mink asked. "No one knows. It just came out of nowhere. The reason for it to kill any who know of the gift is still a mystery." Mint said.

"Many people have come into the forest and never came back. Maybe it has something to do with the beast. There are many things this jewel can do so let's try it." Mink said. "Okay, but leave a note. There are barriers you can use." Mint said. Mink wrote the note and she and Mint left the cave. After a few minutes, the guys came back to the cave. "Mink, we're back," Bob said as he walked in. "She's not here but she left a note this time. She'll be back soon." Ichigo said sitting down. "Let's get the fire started before it gets too dark," Bob said. "Mint, let's get started," Mink said stopping. "Okay, get the jewel out," Mint said as she sat down. Mink did what Mint said and was back in the dress. "This feels different than before. I feel very strong." Mink said. Mint got up from where she sat at. Mink looked up at the sky when she heard a sound that sent chills down her back. "Oh no; the beast is coming. Quick change back, we need to hide." Mint said. Mink did as she said then ran to some bushes and stayed very quiet. "What was that?" Bob asked. Ichigo got up and ran to the opening of the cave. "Oh no; Mink, they're in danger out there," Ichigo said. "Ichigo we must stay here. They will make it back." Bob said walking to him. Ichigo looked at him then back outside. "Okay, but we must keep the fire going," Ichigo said turning to the fire.

"Mint, are we safe here?" Mink asked looking up. "Yes, we will for a while. When I tell you to run to the cave do it." Mint said. Soon after Mint spoke they could hear flapping wings. The sound got louder and louder as it came closer to them. When it landed all Mink could see was its feet; the feet were very big and had claws to match. Mink didn't want to move until Mint spoke. "Go now. Hurry." She said. They ran as fast as their legs would go. "He's following us. Run faster." Mint said as they ran through the trees. Both Mink and Mint were breathless now as they ran. Up ahead Mink could see Ichigo standing outside of the cave. "Ichigo!" she yelled. Ichigo looked up in her direction; his smile didn't make his face before worry came over him. "Run faster." He yelled. He could see the beast was getting closer. Mink ran to Ichigo, grabbed his arm and went into the cave; behind the fire. "Are you okay?" Ichigo asked Mink. She didn't give him an answer as she tried to catch her breath.

She sat down on the ground next to mint. "I don't know if this will work," Bob said standing with them. The beast looked in at them; trying to think of a way to get them without going near the fire. Mink watched it closely as it walked around outside of the cave. It looked like a bird with a body of a horse; a Phoenix. It started screeching into the cave at them as loud as it could. Mink closed her eyes and covered her ears. Ichigo bent down to her and put a hand on her shoulder. Bob saw how scared his daughter was. He looked back to the beast and yelled at it. "Get away. Go now." He yelled over and over again. The beast stopped and looked at each one of them until he got to Mink. He stepped back from the cave and flew off. Mink then opened her eyes and uncovered her ears. "Are you okay?" Ichigo asked still by her side. Mink didn't move or say anything as she looked out of the cave. "Mink," Bob said. Mink turned her head to look at both of them. "I'm okay, guys. Before he left he was speaking to me." Mink finally said as she got up with Ichigo. "What did he say?" Ichigo asked. "He said the bear cub needs to come with me. He also said sorry for frightening you; when you're ready to call me by my name." Mink said. "What's his name?" Bob asked. "If I say his name he may come back," Mink said looking back out of the cave then yawned. "Let's get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long day." Bob said as he sat down by the fire. "Good night," Mink said before lying down. Mink watched as Ichigo laid next to her. When it got very quiet one by one each of them fell asleep. When morning came Mink was the only one up so she went outside and looked around.