Two guardians of Perseus

First chapter of the story! But first.. A disclaimer!

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THE PERCY JACKSON/HEROES OF OLYMPUS SERIES. MOST CHARACTERS BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN!

Now enjoy the first chapter! c:

Somewhere in the Wilderness - Treehouse - spring

Percy is 6 years old

THIRD PERSON POV

"Blackjack, What were mommy and daddy like?" asked a small, quiet voice.

Blackjack, which is a pitch black horse-- pegasus with wings, looked to where he had heard the quiet voice. The source of the voice was a little boy with Jet black hair and sea-green eyes. He wore a blue t-shirt, blue jeans with a black jacket.

"Boss, I only know a little about your mom but I know a lot about your dad." replied the black stallion.

The little boy looked up to him. "Blackjack, my name is Percy, not boss."

Blackjack neighed in protest. "But I'm so used to calling you boss! And you are my boss!"

The boy, Percy sighed. "Well.. Can you tell me about my daddy please?" He asked quietly.

Blackjack began to explain. "Well, your dad was a kind man, he loved the sea, he's loyal and he loves your mother very much."

Percy smiled. "Maybe Mrs O' Leary can tell me about mommy!" He cheered.

As if on cue, a huge charcoal dog, appeared out of the shadows.

"MRS O' LEARY!!" The black haired boy shouted, throwing his hands in the air running to the hound.

The hound stood there still as the six year old boy pulled her into a hug.

The hound, Mrs O' Leary barked in happiness-- just like with Blackjack, Percy could hear Mrs O' Leary talk as well. The two mythical creatures have lived with the boy every since he was born. Percy doesn't know why they were here but the two did. Mrs O' Leary and Blackjack were assigned to protect Percy-- though Percy doesn't know at all. He thinks they are just hear to be their friends-- but they are his guardians. The two guardians of Perseus.

"Mrs O' Leary, Can you tell me about my mommy please?" the boy pouted.

Mrs O' Leary nodded her head.

"Your mother was very brave, she was skilled at hunting, she cared about everyone who is good and innocent." she explained.

Percy's eyes were wide open. "Hunting? Does that mean she killed little fluffy animals?!" he exclaimed in a panic.

Mrs O' Leary shook her head quickly in a shock.

"She wouldn't just kill animals without an explanation! Like I said, she cared about everyone who is good and innocent! She wouldn't just kill innocent animals without an explanation! For example, if the animal did something extremely bad, she would hunt the animal (monster) down!" she said, hoping the boy would understand.

The boy with sea-green eyes nodded his head slowly, then went to a faster pace.

"I get it now! Mommy is good!" he exclaimed happily, turning to Blackjack.

"Did you hear that Blackjack? Mommy is a good person like Daddy!" he said happily, smiling with his eyes closed. A happy look on his face.

"So I've heard, boss." he said nodding his head at the boy before turning to Mrs O' Leary.

"Did you manage to find any food for dinner?" he asked.

Mrs O' Leary nodded her head slightly. "There's barely any food. I can not just let Percy eat rotten monster flesh. That would be unhealthy for him. Though I did find some fruits and vegetables. Some grapes, apples, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, corn, potatoes and watermelon. I couldn't find any meat-- maybe this chicken I found and some eggs but that's about it." she said as all the food appeared in baskets out of the shadows, Just like she had said. An uncooked chicken with some eggs, fruits and vegetables! They could make a salad for the boy, mashed potatoes, a fruit basket, fried eggs and a cooked chicken! Maybe some apple juice from the apple to drink-- or some fresh clean water, Blackjack could always locate some water.

Blackjack was about to nod his head when he noticed something was missing. His eyes widened at what he had realized. "WHERE'S THE DESSERT!" he neighed loudly, making Percy flinch and fall backwards, though Mrs O' Leary just stood there irritated.

"I told you, it is hard to get food so it's difficult to find food. Why don't you try to find some dessert? I'll watch Percy." she stated in an annoyed tone.

Blackjack nodded his head. "Fine-- I'll come back with some dessert just watch me!"

Blackjack then flew out of the treehouse and into the night sky.

~~~~~

Mrs O' Leary sighed. That horse was always crazy for dessert.

She must of dozed off for a long time because just then a cold breeze of wind came through the window which made Percy, who was sitting on a chair at the table drawing a picture, shiver.

Then a black blur flew through the window and crashed into a wall of the treehouse.

Mrs O' Leary snapped out of her daze and immediately got on defense mode and snarled at the blur who now had a bunch of pillows on top of it.

She was about to attack when a head popped out of the piles of pillow and shocked her.

"Hey guess what Mrs O' Leary I got dessert!"

Mrs O' Leary snapped out of her shock and glared at the horse.

"BLACKJACK! I THOUGHT YOU WERE AN ENEMY DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!!" she snarled.

Blackjack cowered back. "Sorry Lear' thought I would just get dessert for dinner." he explained, scared.

Mrs O' Leary took a deep breath then exhaled.

"Fine, I'll let you go for today. Just don't do that again. I thought you were an enemy. You know how many dangerous enemies out there want Percy on their side!" she exclaimed.

"Yes, I know how much enemies want Percy on their side. And I'm sorry. I won't bust into the room like that ever again. Anyways, when will we have dinner?" Blackjack asked.

"Right after what dessert you got." Mrs O' Leary said.

"Oh. I got donuts and sugar cubes." he said.

Mrs O' Leary's eyes opened wide.

"You. Got. SUGAR CUBES AND DONUTS?" she yelled.

"It was the only thing I could find!"

"Donuts and sugar cubes?!"

"I'm sorry!"

"DONUTS AND SUGAR CUBES?!"

"They're good. Please Lear'! Just this once!"

"Fine just this once." Mrs O' Leary said.

"PERCY! TIME FOR DINNER!" Blackjack yelled.

Percy came running towards Blackjack, holding a piece of paper.

"Blackjack! Mrs O' Leary look what I made!" he said as he held up a drawing.

It was a drawing of Mrs O' Leary, Blackjack and himself. It wasn't very detailed but it was decent. And why would it be very detailed in the first place? He's only six years old!

"That's a very nice drawing Perseus." Mrs O' Leary stated.

Percy smiled. "What's for dessert tonight?!" he asked, excited.

"Sugar cubes and Donuts!" Blackjack stated.

The two guardians and child then went to eat dinner.

OK, THERE GREEK-GEEK I UPDATED THIS. I AM RUSHING BECAUSE I SWORE ON THE RIVER STYX AND I DON'T WANT ANYTHING BAD TO HAPPEN. NO, THREE DAYS IS NOT UP. IT'S UP TOMORROW BECAUSE I TOLD YOU GUYS ABOUT THE CONTEST AT THE END OF SUNDAY SO... I'LL UPDATE BETRAYAL SOON! THANKS FOR READING.

Your friend,

ApolloTheFirst