Seasons

DISCLAIMER: I WISH I own Gundam Seed

Prologue:

Ghirel Zala Atha stood in front of millions of people once again for the same reason he had been doing this for the past two or three years. He recalled the first time he did this - it was during peaceful times and he was making the type of speech that he watched his parents do for the most part of his life. But unfortunately, what they had fought for in the wars all those years ago was but a dream.

Humans are simply a self-destructive species.

His country - Orb, was losing in the war. They do still have a good chance of making a comeback, but too many lives had already been lost. They had stood by his grandfather's principle - that they will remain neutral territory, and they did not regret that decision. The fact is, now, they have finally discovered the true source of this war... and they knew that the best way to tell this was by him making the speech.

No, who was he kidding- despite being the prince, he was the alternative. She was the best choice but then she was not there at the moment, nor would he have wanted to. She had extreme influence over the nations, just like her mother- but he was selfish... he wanted to be certain that she is safe, so he made her hide in a place that even he doesn't know about.

He felt himself smile internally at her memory. She was really the most wonderful person he had met, and his parents say that at that respect she was like her mother.

Neither of them had met her before she had passed... but they said at certain aspects like charisma they were similar - but different in pretty much everything else. Her hair, her eyes, and pretty much most of her features she had inherited from her father...

Her father...

What odd the twists of fate.

A man who had not risked a single finger in the last two wars was suddenly connected to one of the main causes of the current one.

No one knew what was happening, but it did anyway...

He felt his mother's gaze, pulling him out of his trance, and then gave him an encouraging yet anxious smile. He just sent her an invisible grin and finally started connecting with his audience. He stared at them deeply - making sure they will stay with him, body and soul, until his last word.

He opened his mouth to speak, hoping he will not stutter...

But a moment later, it is revealed that that wasn't the real problem-

BANG!

For a bullet found its way on its chest.

PLEASE READ: A little warning that this scene will happen at least halfway through the story. First parts would be a tad slow, fluffy, and may be categorized as a futuristic slice-of-life story (you know, sort of). Very Shoujo.

Please Review^^