Jackal x Reader AU: Beast

"Dad, I'm off to the library~" (Y/N) called to her father, who was poking around in a new invention he had made.

     "Pick up some bread from the baker while you're out," Shouted Makarov, hard at work.

      (Y/N) headed out of the house and into the town, while humming a tune to herself. Kids were running around playing in the town, and it was a beautiful day. However, one thing never ceased to damper the young woman's spirits. That one thing was the village hottie, Gajeel, and his little crony Rogue. Luckily, the devil and his accomplice didn't seem to be anywhere in her sight.

     (Y/N) smiled to the baker. He was just heading into his selling booth with a whole bunch of fresh baked, warm bread. (Y/N) stopped by to greet him and buy a loaf of bread. Then she headed off to the library where Levy worked. "Levy, I'm going to put my books on the counter."

    "Sure thing, what you think you're going to take this week?"

     "I was thinking (Favorite Book) again."

     Levy laughed, "You've checked that out that book so many times! Why don't I just give it to you?"

      "Really," (Y/N) asked in shock, "Thanks! You're the absolute best!"

---

     After a huge thank you fest to Levy, (Y/N) finally decided to head back home. She was enjoying her walk, whilst reading her book and once again humming, until that oh so familiar voice came up from behind her.

     "What's up, Nerd? I was thinking, and I thought,'wow (Y/N) is the prettiest girl in town, and I'm the hottest boy, we would make wonderful children.' We should get married, maybe I can make the townsfolk stop calling your Pa crazy."

     (Y/N) sighed, "Gajeel, only you would think a crazy thought like that."

      Rogue nodded behind Gajeel, "But it's true, your babies would be so cute! With Gajeel's manly looks, and your gentle and kind looks-" He was cut off my Gajeel punching him in the gut.

      "(Y/N), come on. You know, I'm wanted by all the girls in the town. You would be lucky to have me."

     Gratefully approaching her house, (Y/N) hoped to ditch Gajeel and Rogue and enjoy her book in peace. However, that solution to the situation was far too simple. Now the three were standing at (Y/N)'s door; she was standing inside the house while trying to politely tell them to leave.

---

      (Y/N) was just about to go to bed, when she heard the frightened neigh of her dad's horse. He was supposed to be at the fair, did something happen to him? (Y/N) went outside to see the horse without her father. It looked like it wanted (Y/N) to go with him to wherever her dear old dad was. The horse led her through a wolf chase and to an old abandoned castle, as soon as she dismounted, the horse bolted away.

     "Well," (Y/N) sighed, "I guess I go in." Silently, (Y/N) traveled throughout the castle, soon ending up in a dungeon. Finding Makarov, she spoke with him from the other side of the cell. "Dad, who did this to you?"

     "A monstrous boy, some sort of beast-man. Oh, there isn't time, you must go right now (Y/N)." He answered frantically.

     Ignoring her father's requests, (Y/N) tried to find a way to get him out of the enclosed space. The old man grew angry, "Do as a say brat! Before he comes-"

     "My, my, my," laughed a the man, "What do we have here? Is this the 'baby daughter' you told me you had to get home to? Doesn't look like a baby to me."

     Makarov's eyes widened, "Child, run. Go!" He urged his daughter.

     (Y/N) looked straight into the beast-man's eyes, "I have two questions, chump. First, why are you doing this. Next, is there anyway I can get my dad out of this situation."

     "Chump? It's Jackal. To answer you, I'm doing this because I can. And to get him out, you can take his place."

     "Deal." (Y/N) agreed in a heartbeat, despite Makarov's cries.

---

     Unlike her dad, (Y/N) wasn't locked in the dungeons. She was allowed to explore the palace with the exception of one wing. It didn't bother her, it was big enough that it would take her forever to discover. It had been about two days since she had been there, and she had more than half the place to still explore.

     Today, (Y/N) was to have a dinner with Jackal. It was a predictable disaster. The servants had warned (Y/N) of Jackal's terrible table manners. Also, he wasn't much of a talker. Still, (Y/N) hoped to learn of his past, how he ended up this way.

---

     I'm not sugarcoating it, it was horrible. Before the food was even served the two had fought and Jackal left to go to bed without any sort of dinner.

     It was a new day, and (Y/N) had found her heaven. It was a huge library. She had been in there half the day, and lunch was nearing. (Y/N) didn't plan to eat, since she was busy looking at all the books. It was there where she was truly happy, happier than she was even in town. Hearing a door click, (Y/N) looked up to see Jackal. They hadn't spoken since the dinner incident.

       Jackal did the unexpected, he smiled at her, and with a slight chuckle he asked, "You like the library, (Y/N)?"

      (Y/N) nodded, "It's really nice, and there are so many books. It's amazing."

"Then it's yours."

      "You're giving me a library?" She questioned Jackal.

"Yes-oof!" (Y/N) had jumped up from her seat and hugged Jackal, "U-unhand me, girl!" Jackal said, trying to pry (Y/N) off of him. Finally he just gave into the hug, stiffly hugging back.

Maybe things with this beauty and that beast might not be so bad.