Without You

"Michelle, one day we'll meet again. This is the last time you will see me for a long time; until you pass away. By that time, I will be waiting for you in Heaven. I promise to watch over you and protect you, and love you, forever. Without you I would've never been released by the weight that had laid upon my shoulders." He took a knee, and grabbed my hand tenderly. I could feel his touch. He was warm and I had nothing but goodness and love fill my being.        

             "I wish I would've met you whilst I was alive. We would've went on dates: real ones, and I would take you out to dinner or see a movie with you, or even sit with you in the park and eat ice cream." He paused, his blue eyes so beautiful to look at as he brooded over what to do next.

           "After a couple dates, I would've taken you by the waist," he rose in front of me, and slid his arm snugly around my waist, bringing me to him. I began to tear up; this was the first time I was able to touch him. To feel him. He's showing how much he loved me."I would've broughten you close... just like this." His breath fanned in my face, smelling minty. The scent of Lavender consumed me. His blue eyes glowed, and he caught my eyes, and I watched him drag them down to my lips.

            "Then, I would've kissed you, and if you'd let me, make passionate love to you." Without letting me go, he dipped his head down and covered my lips. He tasted so kind, so sweet. My hands entangled into his luscious hair, and he had one hand upon my face. The kiss was so awesome, once I pulled away I was gasping for breath and already wanting more."James, I love you! I love you!" I began to cry.

           He held me in his strong arms. He smoothed out my ruffled hair and shushed me."I know, I know Michelle. I love you more than you'll ever know." I began to cry because realization dawned on me. This would be the last time we saw each other until I died."Why leave me so unsatisfied?" I whimpered, gripping him tight to make sure he was real.

           "My love, I will never leave you. I must go now; I am being called back to Heaven. I have left you a gift, you will soon come to know it. I love you Michelle." Gripping me he desperately kissed me. It was mind exploding, so good and I kissed him back with just as much passion. Slowly he faded, and as each second went by his touch went as well. A sob rang from my body. A bright flash of beautiful light stung my eyes, and he was gone.