a shade of pink

Hey it wouldn't let me put this at the top but I wanted it here so here it is! I made this collage so give credit if used please

Hey it wouldn't let me put this at the top but I wanted it here so here it is! I made this collage so give credit if used please. Also please read my ongoing Dallon Weekes story, Please Don't Jump. Thank you for reading, don't forget to follow, vote, and comment your thoughts! 🌸🖤

Monday, September 22

Dear Josh,

Today I met you. It seemed like an ordinary event; you were introduced as a new student in my junior year chemistry class, and now you sit next to me because it was the only empty seat. You see, I don't have many friends in that particular class. Or any class. I have a couple good friends, Melanie and Hayley, but they aren't in advanced classes, so I don't see them often. I'm getting off-topic.

You, on the other hand, were the perfect center of attention when you walked into my life this morning. The first thing I learned of you was your name, Joshua Dun, when the teacher called it for attendance. You responded by saying you were there, but you go by Josh. Your hair was like candy floss, if you remember. I tried not to stare, but I couldn't help wondering if it felt that way as well. Your lips were the same color, pointed but soft. You wore ripped black jeans and a NASA tee shirt. There were Doc Martens on your feet. I expected for you to moan and groan about having to sit next to the little feminine boy. Thank God, I saw that your eyes weren't cold and your face wasn't unmoving, so I immediately changed my opinion. Don't ask why I notice these things, I just do.

Sort of like how I memorized the look on your face when you gave me the flower. You wore a playful smirk as your bottom lip went in between your teeth. Your larger than average nose scrunched up slightly. Your eyes squinted in a way that made me feel small in a way I'd never felt before; I melted into you before we ever spoke. But then you did, and it was a child blowing bubbles, the color of your hair, the power of the chord C major.

"For you." You held out the small pink flower and grinned. You had just plucked it from your hair, where it had been blown to due to the wind. Today was the first day of autumn, although I don't think you would care about something like that. 

At first, I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic. I figured that you were just like the rest of them; reeling me in just to reveal another prank or trick to pull on me. So, I merely smiled and nodded in response. Cautious, but friendly nonetheless.

I haven't broken my vow of silence in a little more than two years. 

Nothing traumatic happened, trust me. One day I just decided that talking wasn't worth my time. I would always find myself "ignoring people," because everyone thinks that if I don't give a verbal response I am being rude and there might as well have been no response at all. So I found a loophole. Nobody can think poorly of me for not responding if I never spoke in the first place. Especially if they convince themselves that there's something wrong with me.

It feels as though I've already revealed too much to you. At this point, I don't care. You'll never see this anyway, because I'm only doing this as "therapy." Apparently I talked about you non-stop to my doctor today. She says it's therapeutic to write the feelings down as a form of expressing them instead of obsessing over you all the time. I don't think this will stop me.

I forgot to mention, you have a nose ring. It forms a little dent in the place where the skin is pierced, and I stared for quite some time. You didn't notice. Too busy paying attention to the teacher on your first day, I presume. Or maybe you were thinking about me, who knows? Anyway, you also have gages, about 1/2 an inch in diameter. I usually don't like piercings on boys but you are an exception. I also usually like taller boys with rougher appearances, as though they've been punched a few times. You look like you have been in a fight, but it was for good reason and you won. You also look sleep deprived. Should I be worried about that?

Anyway, you didn't speak to me for the rest of the period. I put the flower in the midst of my curly hair, and it didn't leave (because I figured it would match the kimono I was wearing). I guess the reason you didn't speak again was because the teacher was giving a lecture that seemed pretty important. I didn't pay attention but it's okay, I'll get the notes from someone. Maybe you.

Later that day (during lunch), Melanie asked about the flower. I told her the story, and she said to "hop on that" because you would be with someone by the end of the week if I didn't. Hayley says you were flirting, I say you were being nice or something. You probably just wanted the flower out of your way and I was the first one you saw. The thing is, you're probably straight. We'll see.

Already yours,

Tyler Joseph

(if you didn't catch my last name I want you to know it, if you ever see this)

Hello readers! I hope you liked this first chapter. Feel free to comment ideas and I might use them (if I do, I'll give credit)! For the record, this and my other story are usually updated once a week, so make sure to check in every now and then. Thanks for reading!