thirteen.

{thirteen.}

When Jackson came out of the bathroom, Mark was already ready with fresh pair of clothes in his hands.

"Babe? can we talk?" Mark asked softly as Jackson went in their bedroom and put clothes on carefully, as if he was a proclaim doll.

Jackson looked at Mark with questioning eyes, even though he knew exactly what Mark wanted to talk about.

"Jackson, be honest with me"

Jackson frowned that's kinda hard "what's wrong? you came crashing in and locked the door like world war III is about to start"

Jackson was silent, until he finally forcefully pushed the words out, with broken, cracked voice "Mark, I want you to listen to me until the end, okay?"

"...okay"

"So, before you, I haven't been in a relationship for 2 years, and that's because of my ex, his name is Nam Eric and I saw him at the alley today, he tried to lure me in, but I ran away... Markie I was so, so scared-"

Jackson's breath hitched and when Mark embraced him, he gladly let the older spoon him into his slender arms and rock him back and forth until he fell asleep.

As Mark lay Jackson down, he began wondering normally a person would've just walked away with a 'no' but... he seems terrified... almost scarred by... Eric was it?...

Who knows Jackson's past better then his friends? (mother too, but he couldn't ask it that straightforwardly) so Mark called BamBam.

"Mark?" the boy on the other line said. "What's up?" Mark breathed in deeply and started "Bam? Is any detail bizzare or abnormal about... Eric Nam was it?..."

Boy on the other line was dead silent. Mark guessed that Bam knew what was up from a long time ago "Bam, I'd find out someday"

"Figured"

"So? are you gonna tell me anything?"

"I don't... I don't think I'm in the right position to tell anything Mark really..."

"Jackson is scared to death right now and I'm not gonna let him go paranoid, he's my boyfriend and I care about him deeply. Jackson's life and my life are same to me, only difference is that I'd risk my own"

BamBam was moved by this, but was still debating on sharing the details about his best friend's past. The younger held his breath.

"BamBam please"

"Jackson's previous boyfriend... wasn't the best person you see"

"What do you mean?"

Then Mark heard BamBam say something that tore him apart. That made Mark hold his breath. That made his body shake.

"Mark... Eric abused Jackson"

"Babe? Can I come in?" Mark lightly knocked on their room. No response.

"Baby? Please?" then he heard a muffled 'yes' and as he opened the door, he tried his best to smile and comfort Jackson.

"He told you"

"...you heard it didn't you?..." it came out more like a sentence, then a question.

Jackson mutely nodded and turned his head away to the direction of his laptop (he was sitting on their bed) "why didn't you tell me Jackson? I could've helped you"

Jackson shrugged "is this why you asked to be the dominant in past? so you couldn't be hurt?"

He stayed silent and that was the loudest silence Mark has ever heard his his entire life.

[to be continued...]
Kim-Kim ♡