Chapter Eight

Reaching Tulip's house several silent minutes later, we bounded upstairs to prepare for tonight. She immediately walked to the closet and started throwing clothing items on the bed for us to pick through. I sat slouched in her computer chair swiveling side to side with my head throw back, staring at the ceiling.

"Sooo I was thinking we go with a 90's theme maybe? Like tank tops and sweat pants." She looked at me as she waited for my response. I couldn't see myself going to my first party like that; maybe if that was the theme sure.

"Uhh, I don't think so. Something more simple; party-ish but simple." She nodded her head and went back to work, scrimmaging through the pile of jeans, t-shirts, and dresses she had chosen.As she did so, my mind could not help but rewind to earlier today; just a few hours ago Lamon had driven off with Vi headed to the mall. He was taking Vi............ to the mall. Just the two of them. Together. Alone. Probably having a great time. Maybe sharing foo-

ENOUGH. I had to stop thinking of them. I mean, so he took her to the mall, what's the big deal? Friends take each other to the mall right? And why should I care? We were friends just the same.........

"Found it!" Tulip screamed breaking my train of thought. I looked over to her as she bounced excitedly off the floor looking as if she had just won the lottery.

"I found the PERFECT dress for you Ria!" she squealed.

"Wait, me? I thought you were looking for something for you; I was just gonna throw on some jeans and a tee."

"Pshhh, AS IF. As your bestfriend I will not let you leave this house in some old jeans and t-shirt."

"Hey! I just got these last week."

"I have designated what you will be wearing and my say is final." she continued ignoring my objection.

Knowing Tules, she wouldn't let me win this time so I just agreed to get it over with. Part of me was really grateful for her making sure I'm on my best game in every aspect. The other part of me hated when she had her mind made up already because she was so stubborn when she did so.

But, there was basically nothing I could do about it so I got up to see what she had picked out. She held the dress in front of me, beaming as if she just struck gold or something. My eyes widened as I took in its beautiful detail.
It was a sky blue lace dress that had one off the shoulder strap; the fabric was made out of something almost silky like and it was stretchy. It even glittered slightly as it swayed back and forth under the lamp light. It was such a beautiful dress, I didn't own anything compared to it.

"I can't wear this, its too amazing. What if I get it dirty or accidentally rip it or something?" I said trying to get out of wearing it because I knew I would most likely be the center of attention.

"That's the best part! I'm letting you keep it. It can't fit me anyway and I thought you would like it." she said reaching over to put it in my hands.

"I love it! It's just........... what if people stare at me in it or something?" I asked as the shy, timid girl I sometimes found myself as.

"They would have good reason to! That dress is amazing!"

"Thanks", I muttered sarcastically. She did nothing to ease my anxiety of people watching me.

"Now, we have to do our hair and makeup, sorry, I have to do our hair and makeup" she corrected herself. I rolled my eyes at her; she couldn't let anything be out of place tonight.

Seven thirty came and met us finishing our makeup. Tulip had done an amazing job on me, she did a natural look that brought out my brown eyes and full lips. She went for a more daring look as she added eyeshadow and highlighter to her face.