The Train

As time went by after the trip to Diagon Ally, I resived letters from both Sirus and James. They were trying to explain more about magic and Hogwarts so when I got there I wouldn't be so clueless. Sirus's letters were mainly him flirting with me and what not, James explained mostly on blood status, like pure-bloods and Etc.

          But now it finally time too  actually begin my adventure into the world of magic. Mum had given me my ticket and dropped me off at kings cross, I had all of my belongings as well as Zina, my kitten. I walked and looked at my ticket, "Platform 9 3/4?" I whisper to my self. Not looking where I was going I bumped into something, I looked up to find a boy that was taller than me, dressed in all black. He had long greasy black hair and black eyes. He was sending me a deadly glare, "Ah I-i am s-so sorry s-sir.." I say stuttering some.

           He looked at my cart that had all of my belongings, "What platform are you looking for anyways?" He said crossing his arms. "U-um Platform 9 3/4...." I say and he rolls his eyes, "Let me guess first year?" He says looking at me with a cold glare. I nod and he turns and gestures for me to follow him, "um what is your name sir?" I ask as we walk the train station. "Severus Snape and what's yours? Not that I care....." he says, "Oh um its Victoria... And you wouldn't happen to know someone named Lily would you?" I ask and he stops.

         "What is it to you?" He says and I look at him, "N-no reason" I say and he scoffs. "Then their is no reason to tell you..." He says then continues walking, ''What a git..'' I mutter as we walk. We stop in between platform's 9 and 10, "If you run in the middle of those platform's you will get to Platform 9 3/4.." He said and I looked at him confused.

           "Are you mental?" I ask and he sighs while rolling his eyes, "Watch and learn Muggle-born" he says with a smirk. He then runs in the middle of the platforms, I look away waiting to hear the sound of a crash. I was surprised when it never came, I looked back to see he had disappeared. "W-wait...Magic...right.." I muttered to myself, I guess I still wasn't entirely used to the whole magic thing.

            "OK...Ready Zena?" I say looking at the small black kitten, she mewed and I took that as a yes. I smile and look around to make sure no one was watching, I took a deep breath before running to the middle of the platforms. I had closed my eyes, thinking I would hit the wall for sure. When i didnt I opened my eyes to find Platform 9 3/4, Its was more magical than James had discribed in his letters.

          "Victoria!" I hear a familiar voice, I turned to see Lily. I smiled and pushed my cart over too her, "Hey Lily! I think I met your freind. His name was Severus right?" I ask and she nods. I see Severus walk next to Lily and I smile, "So you do know a Lily!" I say. He rolls his eyes, "Hufflepuff! What are you doing hanging around Snivilus and Evans?!" I heard James call. I turn to see him with Sirius and two other boys. "Really James could you be any more rude?" Lily says looking at James, "And why did you call her Hufflepuff? She hasn't even been sorted yet!" She says and I blush.

          "A-actually  Lily thats my name, Victoria Hufflepuff. I am sorry for not telling you my full name at first,  I was nervous what you would think." I say and she looks at me with a soft smile. "Oh Its OK Victoria..." She says looking at me then back to the group of boys, "The train is about leave so why dont you guys stop messing with Victoria?" She says grabbing my hand.

          "Come on Victoria let's go find an empty compartment!" She says smiling and pulling me along to the train, "Uh by James and Sirius!" i call Lily, Severus, and me get on to the train. We walk the hall of the train until we find an empty compartment, I put my luggage up and held little Zena in my hands. "Sorry about James calling you that Severus.." I say sitting across from him and Lily.

          "Well he calls me that all the time, so you really don't have to apologize Hufflepuff." He says rolling his eyes, "Aw dont be like that Severus.. And Victoria you have a very cute kitten! What's the little guys name?" She says and I smile. "He name is Zena, Sirius bought her for me." I say petting her, I see something slither on Severus's lap. I look closer to see a snake, my eyes widen when I see the dark creature.

          "Hello~" I hear the snake speak, I look at the snake in shock. "C-can your snake speak Severus?" I ask and he looks at me like I am insane, "what kid of question is that? Of course he can't!" He says looking at me then to his snake. "O-oh I must be hearing things then." I say with a smile.

           I felt the train start to move and I was filled with excitement, I looked out the window and watched as we left the station. "Are you OK Hufflepuff? You are grinning like a mad man.." Severus says looking at me. "Oh sorry I am just really excited.." I say still grinning, Lily smiles at me. "Do you want to hold Zena?" I ask Lily and she nods, I hand her Zena. She purrs in Lily's lap, I smile and look back out the window.

          "Hey Victoria!" I look over to the door of the compartment, it was Sirius. He was in his Gryffindor robes, I smile "Hey Sirius how are you?" I ask and he smiles. "Good...Well James was wondering if you wanted to come sit with us. I mean if your not busy with Evan's and Snivlus..."he says looking over to Lily and Severus, "Please dont call him that Sirius...what if I called you that? You wouldn't like it would you?" I ask him and he looks at me and sighs. "Sorry love...Sorry Snape..." He mumbled the last part looking at Severus out of the corner of his eye.

          "And only for a bit....I will be back guys!" I say before getting up, Severus looked at Sirius with a shocked face. Lily was grinning at me before I left, "Don't say anything about what I said back there OK Victoria?" Sirius says and I nodded in agreement. We walked to their compartment, I look inside too see James and the other boys from before.

          "Well come back Sirius and Victoria!" James says as Sirius sits down, I sit next too him across from the other two boys. "Hello my name is Remus, Remus Lupin'' one said he had a few scars on his face, We shook hands. "A-and I am P-petter, P-P-Petter P-Pettigrew" the other one said stuttering a bit, I smiled softly at him "I am Victoria, Victoria Hufflepuff" I say to them and they nod. "Its so fascinating that a descendant of one of the Hogwarts founders is a Muggle-born..." Remus says thinking aloud, I blush slightly at the mention of my blood status.

         Remus notices "S-sorry..." He says and I smile, "Its OK! I was really surprised too..." I say with a soft smile. We talked for a while before I decided to head back to the other compartment, "I am back!" I say and Lily was asleep aswell as Zena. "Sorry..." I say sitting back down, Severus looks over at me. "So what house do you think you will be sorted into?" He asks and I sigh, "Probably Hufflepuff...or maybe the house my other ancestor founded..." I say looking out the window.

          "Well you should probably change into your robes...we are almost at Hogwarts..." He says and I nod. I took my robes and headed to the bathroom on the train, once I was done I entered the compartment again. Severus was in Slytherin robes, I gently took Zena from Lily. Not wanting to wake Lily or Zena, I gently placed Zena in her cat carrier. I felt the Train stop, I looked out the window to find us at another station. I was finally going to be sorted and learn magic.